First Build from Sweden!

elmannen

10 mW
Hi. I have been surfing around this site for a couple of month now.
A time ago i decided to try to build my first electric bike.
After alot of searching for a kit i found a kit from Gwl-Power.
A cykle analyst from E-bikes.
The battery is Zippy Flightmax 8000 mah from Hobbyking 6s2s.
Most of the time i charge to 4,15v/cell, discharge to aprox 3,6v/cell.

The charger i use is a 600W from Bms battery.
Once a while i balance with a rc charger from HK.
So far i have 140 charge cycles, total amp 572 according to CA, 2227 km on bike.
Max speed 30-35 kmh

I use it to and from work, 15 km each way. i need to charge one time at work.
/Lasse

el_cykel_nastan_klar.jpg
el_cockpitt.jpg
Batt_box.jpg

This is some discharge test i took at 100 cycles on the battery on the road.

100_cykel_batt1.jpg
100_cykel_batt2.jpg

will your controller was very hot inside the Box ? was there a lot of heat ? usually the controller will be place outside the box, it need air to cool itself.

ken

kentlim26 said:
will your controller was very hot inside the Box ? was there a lot of heat ? usually the controller will be place outside the box, it need air to cool itself.

ken

Hi Kentlim26. It get warm, but only litle. I have driven with it like that for about more than 2000 km so no big problem i think.
i will put the controller for better cooling on my next build

yes, you have a cool temperture country, so it help that too.

In my early build i also like to place my controller inside the box, so it will be kept safe from thiefs or somebody go and play afool with the wires. however the heat was so much, i feel my box inside was like oven ? so i add a fan 48v to blow to cool at the controller casing, however this doesn't help anything. end up no choice, i have to build a wooden box specially for the controller to catch some cool air, when bike on road running at speed it cools the controller casing faster too. As they have always said, " heat is always a waste energy". that is why there is alot of experience ebiker builder always wanted a much cooler controller was important Goal. some had also build a water cooling system for the controller, not bad right ?

ken

elmannen said:
Hi. I have been surfing around this site for a couple of month now.

Tja trevligt

Har du några skydd till dina batterier. BMS(Battery Managment System) som håller koll på volten i cellerna. Jag undrar lite då jag tänkte köpa LIPO batterier och seriekoppla. Använder du som vanligt. Koppla in dem och kör, koppla ur och ladda?

Ha det fint

Its nice to see some fellow people from the north. Yesterday I saw a kid in my nighbourhood with a small standing electric scooter buzzing by.

Awesome engineered aluminium box there, nice layout!!! i was checking the vent holes... very wise. It would be knocking otu some migrating birds if there was a defect and it detonated :lol: . would like to know Voltage, Watts output, Speed, Weight of motor, Make of motor, Controller specs, nice bike!

Hi! Long time no see. Very long time since i made som writing here.
I was thinking i should make some uppdate about this bike.

I have been thrue a couple of HK battery but almost 2 years ago i was thinking i should try and make a real batterypack of some very good cells. i decided to use Samsung 18650 INR 25R.

8P14S 58,8V 100% charged. I also decided to solder the cells. time will tell how its working. After almost 2 years of storage of that solderd
Samsung 18650 pack it was time to put it to use. i have been checked it in the meantime and it have been charged to around 50%.

When i tested the pack every group of cell was 1 mV apart so very good!
I have also put a better fram on the bike and a new fork to.

Still using the 9C hub, its running very good. Controller is 20A. Also using my modded EMC-600 charger.
Modded whith some Volt/Amp meter and 3 way switch so i can have tree different charge voltage.
The batterybox is not 100% finished yet, still some wiring left but i drive it everyday.

20180618_130100.jpg

20180714_110836.jpg

20180715_125900.jpg

View attachment 2

20180715_125931.jpg

20180715_125943.jpg

Back