Having a bit of fun with my ecomopeds.com builds

mechanerd

1 mW
I volunteer my time and effort for an Anglican ministry in Vancouver, WA USA. Proceeds go to the church and the homeless.

Been repairing electronics and consumer to industrial computer servers for over 20 years. Been bitten with the motorsports bug since I was a kid.
Wholesale is available of the bikes 70% assembled, and I do completely ruggedized builds they way I would ride.
I just do repairs and original builds as a separate company.

Typical bikes are sub $1000 retail models with AGM lead-acids, stock 450W motors, 40 km/r speeds with a three selector switch for whichever region you are at for 20kph ,25kph , or as fast as it can go mode. Looking into affordable Lion packs that won't take 8 weeks to get here from China.

You can review my videos as I post them on my youtube channel "TheMechanator"
It's a spin name of the Terminator and Mechanics. I show up and the problem is terminated. :D

http://www.youtube.com/TheMechanator/videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[youtube]D7oJPnuC_Uk[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=b-aiwADg4kk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jpHr31-hcjc

A hulu 48V 450W 20AH chopper style:
BEyRI1C.jpg

A 48V 450W 12AH JZW/CG in pink:
N6GQHdS.jpg

A 48V 450W 12AH JZW/CG in black:
xRaxpMt.jpg

A China post 60V 450W 20AH in traditional Chinese army(John Deere?) green:
TQQ2cix.jpg

My next build is a tri-wheel 2400W total china scooter with parts scavenged from three different models. :}

Salvage/"macguyver" builds can be a lot of fun to do. ;)

But I'm a little confused by the text of the post: Are you selling the bikes as ecomopeds.com for that sub-$1000 price or are you saying you bought them from ecomopeds.com for that?

If the latter, this is a fine place for this thread, but if the former, it has to go in the for-sale section along with all the additional info that any for-sale thread has to have. ;)

amberwolf said:
Salvage/"macguyver" builds can be a lot of fun to do. ;)

But I'm a little confused by the text of the post: Are you selling the bikes as ecomopeds.com for that sub-$1000 price or are you saying you bought them from ecomopeds.com for that?

If the latter, this is a fine place for this thread, but if the former, it has to go in the for-sale section along with all the additional info that any for-sale thread has to have. ;)

I don't run the business, I did some builds in the garage at the church who ran the business for a bit of fun and donations to the cause.
Ecomoped went the way of the dinosaur due to high shipping damage costs, and local market saturation.
The last 8 of the 250 bikes over three last years were sold with the business to a ministry in San Diego and I still have the assembly videos and a generic manual to add to the wiki, free public domain.

No matter, I don't do them anymore since the deacon/landlord broke several oral agreements and called me his shop slave several times in disrespect. If you piss off the mechanic or business associates you won't actually get things physically done, done.

mechanerd said:
If you piss off the mechanic or business associates you won't actually get things physically done, done.
That's true. There was an older man I was helping out a few years ago, who kept misplacing things or giving them to people or having other people over who might've taken them, but kept saying things that did everything except directly accuse *me* of stealing them, and eventually I just got tired of it and stopped going or responding to him.

As far as I can tell from what he said, he'd done that to others before me.

Really dig that china post scoot 8) ,would be a great ride to load up.

beast775 said:
Really dig that china post scoot 8) ,would be a great ride to load up.

Yeah, it's a bit heavy to pick up once laid down, but the cargo capacity is sinful. The Chinese really do use these to deliver packages in rural areas.
I saw a picture of a similar bike loaded with NINE 5 gallon jugs of water strapped to the back.
If you order at least a half cargo container of the bikes at a time, at about 75, the freight cost gets down to $70-$100 each.
I believe the wholesale on the China post was about $450 with SLA batteries. Imagine what you could do with that massive case down below with Lion batts. :}

I realize this post is old, however I have been searching for a few years to find some parts for my China Post ecomoped. Mine looks just like the picture, green and scooter-like. I purchased this from a man in Seattle WA and the situation sounds exactly like yours. He told me the proceeds were going to help a church and his 9 to 5 job was a realtor. At the time I purchased several replacement parts since they all shipped free with the bike, but now I find there are a couple things I need and I can’t find any replacement parts and the person I bought it from sold the business and has no parts on hand. He gave me the email of the person he sold it and he just keep giving me the runaround. He’ll tell me he’ll check their stock and then never contact me back. I’ve tried for three years to no avail.

Would you have any information at all as to where I could possibly get a couple replacement parts. I need the switch that goes from high speed to low speed, and a replacement basket for the front.

I sincerely appreciate any help you can offer. I love this bike and it allows me to continue working because I work on a drawbridge and I have to get to the bridge house by sidewalk. I cannot walk due to health reasons.

Thank you!

Did you ever get any help with your eco moped? I'm having the same issue finding any info on the bike or any place to fix it. If you've found any info please share if you would thank you

Hello folks. My dad just brought me one of these he found. It seems to be working. The battery was completely dead however. Its been charging for 4 hours and sits at 32v when I unhook the charger. Not enough to move though, but the motor does work when the charger is hooked up, so I know at least the motor and controller are good.
Sad to say this here thread is about all the information I can find about it when I search around. The speedometer reads in km/h and my main question is .. is there a way to change it so mph?
I'm hoping the batteries will take, and hold, a charge. If they don't I could always try and find something similar and stick in the case. Assuming I can get the battery pack off. It has a keyed latch, which I try in either position, but can't get the battery pack to lift or tilt off.
I see this thread was started quite a few years ago but since its about All the info that I can find, I figure I'd try.

Back