My ebike pulling the ebike of Justin in a heavy Quebec hill

Doctorbass

100 GW
We took a pics of me towing the ebike of Justin when we visited QUebec city!

The hill is certasinly one of the heavyest hill in Quebec city!! Right in the middle of the hystoric part of the city, on the base of Chateau Frontenac and at the exact place where the last Red Bulls crashed ice Start was located in Quebec in 2008

His ebike was current limited for saving battery so it was impossible to climb this hill alone... so he found a bungee strap and joined my ebike with his ebike and entirely pulled his ebike with him!

Justin was simply amazed!! to realyze by itsefl the force of that motor! ask him!
:mrgreen:

here is two pics of us at the end of the hill and some pics of the famous Cote de la montagne hill

Normally, when i go on this hill at full power i reach 37km/h at 3100W continuous.. but this time power was at 5200W at 10km/h.. and the motor did a strong vibration like we coul feel the torque phase per phase!

I've already tested this hill for the total energy consumption and from the start to the end, (that time it was at 75V), i used 22Wh for this short distance.. !!

and few days ago that was 51Wh during the tow for Justin ebike!! for like 300m long!!

Attachments

• P1060014_1024x768.jpg
    P1060014_1024x768.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 1,483
  • P1060015_1024x768.jpg
    P1060015_1024x768.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 1,479
  • cote de la montagne.jpg
    cote de la montagne.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 1,000
  • cote de la montagne2.jpg
    cote de la montagne2.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 2,062
  • cote de la montagne Red Bulls crashed ice 2008.jpg
    cote de la montagne Red Bulls crashed ice 2008.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 2,079
hehehe, I've also had opportunity to tow Justin uphill.
Not as steep mind you but it was straight up "The Devil's Staircase" from 7th to 11th Avenue on Ontario Street.
It was after the Kilowatt Hour Ride where he couldn't resist doing some destructive testing on a steeper grade to the highest point in the city.

Do they still drink Caribou wine with pure grain alcohol during Carnival in Quebec?

Man back in the day! Those French women! :D

Amazingly Beautiful City.

The drink of choice is "caribou." Legend has it that the indigenous Indians of Quebec utilized every part of the deer they hunted - which included drinking its blood after a kill. When the Indians invited French settlers to join them for a drink, the not-so-hardy Frenchmen had to add grain alcohol to help the stuff go down. The contemporary caribou concoction symbolically mixes red wine, grain alcohol, maple syrup and cinnamon. Many restaurants offer their own version of the drink, so don't be disappointed if you order caribou and don't see any meat on your plate.
http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/travel/2001/01/21/2001-01-21_the_cold_rush_flocking_to_qu.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_Winter_Carnival

le simple fait de monter cette cote la en ebike est hot!

cool!

tartosuc said:

cool!

Translation: by simply climbing this hill... is awsome!

Hey tartosuc, de quel coidn t'es?

Doc

Doctorbass said:
tartosuc said:

cool!

Translation: by simply climbing this hill... is awsome!

Hey tartosuc, de quel coidn t'es?

Doc

montreal, plus précisément pincourt dans l'ouest de l 'lile

Eh, you guys 'ave one crazy 'ill dair, for sure on dat!

Me I visit Quebec ten year ago, I learn to ski at Stoneham. The best part dat I remember, it was the time we stop for Habitant soup, and sausage cook in Maple syrup.

My friend E live in Quebec, E tell me about his favourite breakfast.

E like to have two egg, side by each, pair of toast, three rasher of bacon, and then, bien sur, E can ride a bike up dat 'ill.

Also, you 'ave great beer dair, Unibroue make lot of nice kind. La Fin du Monde, though, watch out for dat one. Mot a dit! You end up in dat other world, nine hundreds milliliters triple ferment!

Doc, guys, I love you all. I 'appen to 'ave a French bike, too. The fact that something can be TOWED up such a grade by an E-bike is an inspiration.

Merci!

:D

That's great, just don't ever use bungy straps for towing again.

I Perth we had a trolley boy killed when it popped off and hit him in the throat.

Gregory said:
That's great, just don't ever use bungy straps for towing again.

I Perth we had a trolley boy killed when it popped off and hit him in the throat.

<Hey :lol: that was the only "cable" to attach both bike that we found on themulti usage toolbox of Justin!

I also though that could be dangerous if they could had popp off!!

They was so extanded during the hill climb!!! the Justi bike is 170lbs and he should weight around 150.. so with this high grade hill + 320lbs to tow.. I can say that ity was one of my favorite moment in ebike with someone!

Someone very nice and special: Justin.. watta nice guy!!!

Doc

Back