7.5Kw Cyclone Ebike Motor Kit. Took on the 405 S. Freeway

Some people may find that cool. I just find it stupid and irresponsible. And not a help for ebike enthusiast. It's acts like this that will get ebikes outlawed everywhere.

I've seen plenty of decent vid of road riding, even when it may be a grey legality to whether the riding or bike is allowed there or not; (and it's always advisable not to incriminate one's self . . . besides of course thinking about the rest of your 'community'. . .)

Anyway, this particular vid also caused some tension on my end as viewer, but mostly it was from the coupled and overly excited random shouting showing a general attitude/ state of mind lol. Keep it cool bruh, ya know? Other than that, just the video/sound quality was a little dodgy.

On topic, nice job @ getting a cyclone kit up to 'highway speed' tho, and the bike looks cool! 8)

Highway speeds on a non suspended fat bike......oh for heavens sake please don't do that. Stick to the side streets Batman.

Also videos like this are going to get you shut down one day by the PO PO. Keep the videos only showing legal stuff or off road/track days.

Be safe, have fun.

Tom

Someday, there may be "fatbike" tires that can survive repeated abuse at highway speeds, but right now
There are none. The fact he survived is not proof that doing this is OK. If any readers want to ride frequently at speeds over 30-MPH (48 km/h), please...PLEASE...use DOT rated moped tires. Plus...this guy is using bicycle brakes?

I'm no safety nanny. When I have broken the law and gotten caught, I paid the fine. When I dumped a motorcycle a couple times on a slippery road, I had to take time off work to heal. Do so at your own risk.

Having pedals and no license plate on that highway means you'd have to avoid the police (which I have done).

Probably, considering his extremely impatient posting history here, he just can't wait for ANYTHING, and has to do everything as fast as possible regardless of any other consideration, and ignore anything anyone else has to say even when they are trying to help him.

Also, since this thread is neither a review or a test it has been moved to the photos and video forum.

Impressive little motor.

I've taken a hardtail Ebike to triple digit speeds on the highway. It's perhaps safer than a lot of bicycle grade suspension out there.

Compared to a typical scooter on the highway I doubt it's more dangerous if you have a suitable thermal dissipation capable tire. My bicycle would melt hookworms and many other tires from extended high speed racing.

Highway speeds on a non suspended fat bike......oh for heavens sake please don't do that. Stick to the side streets Batman.

Also videos like this are going to get you shut down one day by the PO PO. Keep the videos only showing legal stuff or off road/track days.

Be safe, have fun.

Tom

I agree, acting like that only brings all the backlash against ebikes.
Also non-suspension at such speeds = crazy.
This cheap frame , how long is going to survive at such treatment?

[moderator edit to format quote...damn, formatting not working?]

Well I gotta say at least you got to show off the 7.5 kw Cyclone as a powerful motor.
As to the highway riding, don't kill yourself. Or do if you so choose, but pls use different method that does not make the news.

Your outburst during riding reminded me of an ex brother in law high on nose candy :)

Watching I get images in my head of the collapsing Tacoma Bridge, where fluttering was the cause. Imagine flat tire, frame twist or potholes going 60mph on a fatbike. I can see resonance/fluttering occur and by the sound of the video I say it is dang close :)

[youtube]zczJXSxnw[/youtube]

MagneticMotorE
I'm wondering, will that cyclone motor sustain that type of output for 45 min or longer intervals.
I like and want something like that back wheel for a more normal bike with a heavy rear tote rack.

I just find it stupid and irresponsible
from the person running a 100V of batteries on basic bikes ? ? ?

Back