Death Trike (Its Vintage!)

Hello everyone!

TL;DR
I got drunk and built a 3000w trike that really shouldn't be ridden by anyone with a sane mind.

I've lerked, I've read, I've contemplated posting and I've finally given my self a good reason to share (publicly documenting my potential demise in the mean time).

Someone decided to have a few to many drinks last night and subsequently got to watch day break! I think. Things started off well, I had a cyclone 3000w motor, 60 amp control, 52v 17Ah battery, and three bikes to choose from! Sitting in front of me was a brand new Trek Marlin 5, a P.O.S Super Cycle my dad got for me like 10 years ago during a trip to the dump, and a 1960s? 70s? folding tricycle I scavenged from a delapitated barn.

While I looked at the package sent from Luna I noticed there was no idler sprocket or mount, meaning I couldn't reliabley mount the motor to the Trek. Ive tried, cried, and almost comited homicide numerous times. That was off the table. Next was the Super Cycle, nothing really works on that bike all the cables are seized and is basically a lost cause.

So after about 6 beers I decided to play with the power tools! And over the course of the night managed to finish off almost a 24! And the bike aswell.

I present. Death Trike!
View attachment 3

Ya. What did I do...
This things rips! I think the gearing is a 18 tooth? On the motor slightly larger for the final drive. Top Speed of 45 km/h, but she shuffles her feet real quick to get there.

Lack of brakes is concerning.
2018-08-30 21.07.12.jpg

Being the green man that I am I reused the handle bars from the trike as foot pegs and took the handle bars off the Super Cycle.
2018-08-30 21.07.44.jpg
2018-08-30 21.09.01.jpg
Lemme know what you think, if there's interest I'll go into further details. There is also the potential I'll be in a full body cast and won't be able to reply.

Kind regards.
Smoke.

Love the foot pegs. Hey that rig may be safer going in reverse, tadpole with rear steering may be the trick. :)

A good front wheel brake to hold the trike in position so you can bounce it standing on the foot pegs while lighting up the rear burnout. :twisted: Oh, and some fresh cheater slicks for a real good burnt rubber smell/hangover cure. :lol:

I love it. It reminds me of my days with Dead Baby Bikes. I was the only one among DBB messing around with electric assist back then, though.

Don't forget the helmet.

DSCN8644_1024x1024.jpg

Wow, what a build! Reminds me of the art cars in the old days at burning man, befor they got started worrying about how artsy the project was.
But enough small talk.
I had a question about gearing. Those look like 24 inch wheels? (I think I had the same trike at one time)
But also, what are the sprocket sizes on the motor and on the axle?
I am working to mount a cyclone 3000 W motor to a chopper with a 36 inch diameter rear wheel, hence the detailed question.
I will send you a picture of my current build as soon as I get back to the shop,

goatman said:
a person gets hammered, builds a 3000watt death trike with no brakes. makes one post, then???
never to be heard from again.

Maybe he actually killed himself while riding it?

Back