E Velomobil

Hi to this forum after a long time!
I'm building a E-powered Velomobil (or thomething like that) this days and want o share some ideas and pics.
The last Year's I was driving a Yamaha Crankmotor on a pimped Haubike. This motor will power my new bike too, with the option to insert a rear hub motor for Regen and Reverse driving.
At least, sorry for the bad English.:)

5jpeijwo.jpg

This is how it looks these days. Next I will close the Frame with PE HD plates an start to build the chassis. It will be a frame of thin VA tubes around the cabin.At the front I use the steering of my old kmx trike (hubs and stub axles) but with new rims

Very Neat! You appear to have plenty of space to work! Twisting spokes - you must be an old hand at wheel assembly.

Can you tell me about your frame materials and design? Not sure what VA is.

Also, what are your plans for the outer skin/shell?

Compound curves? Materials?

Kepp it up!

Cheers,

Len

Hi Len!
Yes I worked in a Bike Shop for 8 Years, about 11 Years ago.
The Frame you see is PE, Tubes for plumbing in 50mm,cheap and nice to weld with a hot air welder. The shaping Wil be made of 3mm PE plates on this tubes.The chassis Frame will be in 22mm V2A stainless steel tubes around the inner "PE Monocoque". Yes I have a little space for work, but in two weeks I left this nice flat so it will be a fast Build. Maybe not good in every detail but ready to roll😉

The wheels are finished. I started with the Framework now. Hopefully it will not take to long to bend the tubes in the right way :lol: :?: :lol:

Back