Music Barrel

rockypro1

10 W
Hi all,

Take a look at my music barrel build. It can be towed behind my 2wd ebike. I am now also working on a smaller music barrel it will be pink :shock:
https://youtu.be/3p1S_SrdDjE
https://youtu.be/P1kY2ZOLBv8
https://youtu.be/JdPa49UeiiQ

Thanks for looking

Nice build, and very elaborate!

I hope you don't plan on playing loud music while your riding though,.. I'v always been completely annoyed at people
that want to invade my right to a have a nice quiet ride,... with their I-phones and speakers. As if I want to listen to it.
Thats what ear buds are for.

Is this for party's, and social gatherings, where people approve? Hope so.

(and hopefully not something that blasts a whole neighborhood like the people down the street do with their trucks every day and night at whatever time they feel like, so loudly that you can't even escape it going inside a house, especially the bass which is earthquake-level).

Other than that... yes, it is a cool project. ;)

Almost enough lights. Maybe add some rotating lasers shooting up into the sky?

Like the old Klieg lights.
images

Hi,

Oh dear, where do I start, well first off glad you's like it. The thing is I'm 52yrs old so I'm not going to into housing estates blasting music. I built it just for fun at party's barbeques etc. I was also hoping to get others to build music boombox trailers, so we could have meet up's and maybe prizes for the best-built boom box bike trailer. And even better do it for some charity win win.
Cheers

I made a bass amp out of a 20 liter heavy-walled plastic pail some years ago. I made a tuned port so it would be responsive down to 41hz (the lowest note of a bass guitar).

The 10" full-range boat speaker and 40W mono amplifier I used sounded so nice that later I used it as a vocal amp for my crooner band project.

It's very light, so it has backpack straps instead of wheels. No lights, though.

Chalo said:
I made a bass amp out of a 20 liter heavy-walled plastic pail some years ago. I made a tuned port so it would be responsive down to 41hz (the lowest note of a bass guitar).
I'd need to make one tuned a little lower for the six string bass I'm working on learning to play a little. :)

amberwolf said:
Chalo said:
I'd need to make one tuned a little lower for the six string bass I'm working on learning to play a little. :)

It's the same low note if customary tunings are used. [Edit: Oops! I just noticed "six string bass" rather than "string bass" which I had interpreted earlier.]

Here's a tuned port calculator:
https://www.diyaudioandvideo.com/Calculator/SpeakerBoxEnclosure/

Chalo said:

The 10" full-range boat speaker and 40W mono amplifier I used sounded so nice that later I used it as a vocal amp for my crooner band project.

It's very light, so it has backpack straps instead of wheels. No lights, though.
Hi,
I'd say it sounds good, even though a 40W amp sounds like not much its the way you have it made. Do you still have it?

Here's the start of another music barrel.
It is a bit smaller and as I said will be "PINK" 😍

I'm making a pink one because my daughter asked me too.
2qjy3uv.jpg

2ahv1ud.jpg

28ch8qu.jpg

t5t5dl.jpg

15rihdv.jpg

Neon lights added and place for stereo.
2hhpt00.jpg

Well white and red make pink.
2q87drs.jpg

r91ke0.jpg

I painted the sky 😀 I took these photos with my Ipad in Aug 20017 pretty.
9h59o8.jpg

2cib5lv.jpg

23haqub.jpg

Now to paint the barrel
2luujpz.jpg

33bponr.jpg

fax0d3.jpg

2eqc56o.jpg

The first coat looks a bit funny but wait till the second goes on.
Next thing is to sort out speakers. I already have a Sony Bluetooth stereo.

Back