Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Releaseregeneration: switch off

As said, the starting voltage has to be found out by experiment. As low as possible! 0.9 is right for my throttle grip

Unfortunately, it did not work out.. Everything is unchanged for me.. :-(

The value for "start voltage" must be determined! Not easy to assume my value. You have a different throttle grip and therefore a different value!

Greetings! At 0.89 it no longer starts. 0.9 is also my minimum value. Most likely the controller has it in the program.

Ah yes, then take over all my values ​​in throttle and start settings as a test.

Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:

The value for "start voltage" must be determined! Not easy to assume my value. You have a different throttle grip and therefore a different value!

Greetings! At 0.89 it no longer starts. 0.9 is also my minimum value. Most likely the controller has it in the program.

Ah yes, then take over all my values ​​in throttle and start settings as a test.

It's a good idea! I will definitely try today! Thank you!

Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:

Did not work out! Regeneration still sharply slows down when the throttle is released. Can you upload your config file? I'll substitute my values and upload the file.
Thank you!

Hi Guys,

Thanks to this forum I've managed to build an e-scooter with the VOTOL controller, DKD display and Z6 throttle set from QS.

One thing that I can't get to work:

When I start it and release the park brake, the display goes to "N" and does not show gears. (while I've seen it working on youtube)
Note: In the software I can see the gears change on the display tab when i move the gear switch; so that works.

Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:

Did not work out! Regeneration still sharply slows down when the throttle is released. Can you upload your config file? I'll substitute my values and upload the file.
Thank you!

Yes you can have the config file. but my engine is completely different!! maybe your problem is not regeneration, but a hub motor with a lot of magnets, is basically not so smooth-running ??.

Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:

Thank you!

Yes you can have the config file. but my engine is completely different!! maybe your problem is not regeneration, but a hub motor with a lot of magnets, is basically not so smooth-running ??.

Thanks for your configuration! I got! I'll try to change the values ​​​​to mine and try.
I wrote that I have a direct drive. And on the last Chinese controller there were no problems at all, soft, smooth. But the last one was only 30 amps and I wanted to add power by putting Votol. He then became faster, although I may not have set it up to the end. BUT regen kills me with its sharp braking. (REGEN still lights up on the monitor screen). This was not on the previous controller, the free play was great .. and if I don’t get a smooth ride on Votol when I release the gas, then I’ll sell it and install the old one. Because as it is now, it is impossible to ride ..
Thanks for your efforts to help me! I am very grateful to you!

Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:

Hello Paulflieg! I wanted to ask you for advice. Heard a lot about the parameter in the monitor. When you click the checkbox 2 times, the average Q value should be on average 200 - 300. And with me, with the weakenings disabled and everything else, it shows 800. What settings can I reduce this indicator? Screenshot attached! Thank you!

Attachments

• ОТПРАВИТЬ НА ФОРУМ ВОПРОС.jpg
    ОТПРАВИТЬ НА ФОРУМ ВОПРОС.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 1,116
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Hello Paulflieg! I wanted to ask you for advice. Heard a lot about the parameter in the monitor. When you click the checkbox 2 times, the average Q value should be on average 200 - 300. And with me, with the weakenings disabled and everything else, it shows 800. What settings can I reduce this indicator? Screenshot attached! Thank you!

In the "weak flux:" field, use the up and down arrows. That depends on the speed. I've tried a lot and the settings leave the engine running smoothly. I don't care about the value (200-300). Calibration Modus!

Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
In the "weak flux:" field, use the up and down arrows. That depends on the speed. I've tried a lot and the settings leave the engine running smoothly. I don't care about the value (200-300). Calibration Modus!

Understood. I tried to calibrate, but it didn't work. How to do it right? calibrate
on a running engine? Should the sound or speed change? How to save? What is he doing "RESET" ?

Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Understood. I tried to calibrate, but it didn't work. How to do it right? calibrate
on a running engine? Should the sound or speed change? How to save? What is he doing "RESET" ?

Everything is a little unclear at votol...... Trial and error... In calibration mode, with the engine running, adjust with high/maximum speed! You can clearly hear the difference when adjusting. Press calibrate and save in the controller. All without guarantee...... There was also a pdf manual in another forum, I think

Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Everything is a little unclear at votol...... Trial and error... In calibration mode, with the engine running, adjust with high/maximum speed! You can clearly hear the difference when adjusting. Press calibrate and save in the controller. All without guarantee...... There was also a pdf manual in another forum, I think

I didn't find it here. I saw the video, but it's not clear how he calibrates. I have not touched the calibration settings from the factory, but compared to the settings of others, I have an increased Flux Wakening value. thirty.
And the settings in the values ​​are also different "vol cal" and "cur cal" ! - What do these values mean? Or how are they deciphered?
Thank you for information!

Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
I didn't find it here. I saw the video, but it's not clear how he calibrates. I have not touched the calibration settings from the factory, but compared to the settings of others, I have an increased Flux Wakening value. thirty.
And the settings in the values ​​are also different "vol cal" and "cur cal" ! - What do these values mean? Or how are they deciphered?
Thank you for information!

Of course, you have to calibrate the voltage and current, otherwise the display will not be correct either. Compare with a measuring device! Voltmeter and DC current clamp.

Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Of course, you have to calibrate the voltage and current, otherwise the display will not be correct either. Compare with a measuring device! Voltmeter and DC current clamp.

I got it. Everything is a voltmeter and a wattmeter and an ammeter! But how do you know that the values are chosen correctly? Not knowing what to put, can I do harm?
How to avoid it?

Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:

Thank you!

You can try lower the EBS value, the regen will be lower

jorn said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks to this forum I've managed to build an e-scooter with the VOTOL controller, DKD display and Z6 throttle set from QS.

One thing that I can't get to work:

When I start it and release the park brake, the display goes to "N" and does not show gears. (while I've seen it working on youtube)
Note: In the software I can see the gears change on the display tab when i move the gear switch; so that works.

Ok! - just for the archives here... I had a CAN bus wire towards the DKD display that was loose inside the connector. fixed! Going to have it approved today.. wish me luck 🤞🏻

Attachments

• IMG_2290.jpg
    IMG_2290.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,070
fishblood said:
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:

Thank you!

You can try lower the EBS value, the regen will be lower

Thank you for your advice. My regeneration is at 0%. And it did not affect the smoothness of braking when resetting the throttle. It seems to me that these 2 regenerations are independent of each other ..

Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
I got it. Everything is a voltmeter and a wattmeter and an ammeter! But how do you know that the values are chosen correctly? Not knowing what to put, can I do harm?
How to avoid it?

The correct values ​​are the measured ones. You use this to compare the values ​​in the display page. In calibration mode, adjust the fields, voltage and current up or down until the values ​​match.

Transerfer said:
The correct values ​​are the measured ones. You use this to compare the values ​​in the display page. In calibration mode, adjust the fields, voltage and current up or down until the values ​​match.

See what I got. I wrote down your settings and substituted my values ​​in order to go. It is clear that they are not ideal for my motor, but ..
Regen was almost gone, and although he blinked on the screen, the free movement was not bad at all. But when I started adjusting to my settings, the software stuck. That is, the parameters are recorded but not saved. And these parameters are the most important. Now "Bus current" is not set above 38 amps, as well as sport mode. And the throttle knob "Starting voltage" is now 0.91 and less can not be set. And again there was braking when resetting the throttle.
I tried to change the parameters to the factory ones, everything is saved, except for these 2 parameters :-( Sadness ..

Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:

In calibration mode, should I switch current, volts and attenuating current with the motor running? Will the values take effect immediately? Or it is necessary to expose and reboot the controller?

Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
In calibration mode, should I switch current, volts and attenuating current with the motor running? Will the values take effect immediately? Or it is necessary to expose and reboot the controller?

Not motor current and voltage! It's about battery current and voltage! Of course, calibrate while the engine is running. Otherwise they have no comparative value/measured value.

Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Not motor current and voltage! It's about battery current and voltage! Of course, calibrate while the engine is running. Otherwise they have no comparative value/measured value.

Thank you! But with this, what to do, tell me? Rebooting the controller doesn't help. Have you experienced this?

Look what I got. I wrote down your settings and plugged in my values ​​to go. It is clear that they are not ideal for my motor, but ..
There was almost no Regen, and although he blinked on the screen, the free movement was very good. But when I started adjusting to my settings, the program froze. That is, the parameters are recorded but not saved. And these parameters are the most important. Now "Bus Current" is not set above 38 amps, as well as the sport mode. And now you can’t set the “Starting voltage” to 0.91 or less with the throttle. And again there was braking when releasing the gas.
I tried to change the parameters to the factory ones, everything is saved, except for these 2 parameters :-(Sadness ..

Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Thank you! But with this, what to do, tell me? Rebooting the controller doesn't help. Have you experienced this?

Look what I got. I wrote down your settings and plugged in my values ​​to go. It is clear that they are not ideal for my motor, but ..
There was almost no Regen, and although he blinked on the screen, the free movement was very good. But when I started adjusting to my settings, the program froze. That is, the parameters are recorded but not saved. And these parameters are the most important. Now "Bus Current" is not set above 38 amps, as well as the sport mode. And now you can’t set the “Starting voltage” to 0.91 or less with the throttle. And again there was braking when releasing the gas.
I tried to change the parameters to the factory ones, everything is saved, except for these 2 parameters :-(Sadness ..

Of course you don't have to do anything. I just replied. Nobody has to calibrate their current, voltage display. I'm doing this because I want my displayed values ​​to be correct. These are simple basics of electrical engineering. With your regeneration problem, that has nothing to do (or not much....?) there seems to be huge differences in the firmware em50 and Em150, although the same designation 2.33! Let's be good

Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Of course you don't have to do anything. I just replied. Nobody has to calibrate their current, voltage display. I'm doing this because I want my displayed values ​​to be correct. These are simple basics of electrical engineering. With your regeneration problem, that has nothing to do (or not much....?) there seems to be huge differences in the firmware em50 and Em150, although the same designation 2.33! Let's be good

You probably didn't quite understand me. At the moment, the controller is frozen and does not change the value. Above 38 amps, I can not put, neither on the first page, nor on the second in sport mode. I could before.
Can I do something with this?

Attachments

• 112221.jpg
    112221.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 952
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
You probably didn't quite understand me. At the moment, the controller is frozen and does not change the value. Above 38 amps, I can not put, neither on the first page, nor on the second in sport mode. I could before.
Can I do something with this?

I hope you didn't just write my ini file completely into your controller!? Just take your saved file and overwrite the changes.

Back