Tax Credit?-->Putting two solar panels on house....charges e-bike.

pullin-gs

1 kW
Do I qualify for 30% tax credit in 2019?
Seems like a legit question:
I bought solar "system" and put in service in 2019 consisting of:
2 100W solar panels....installed on roof of primary residence.
MPPT solar charge controller.
Solar battery storage (provides 100VAC) for my shop.....battery can also power bike.
Total credit would be about $200!
Thoughts?

pullin-gs said:
Do I qualify for 30% tax credit in 2019?
Seems like a legit question:
I bought solar "system" and put in service in 2019 consisting of:
2 100W solar panels....installed on roof of primary residence.
MPPT solar charge controller.
Solar battery storage (provides 100VAC) for my shop.....battery can also power bike.
Total credit would be about $200!
Thoughts?
Did you get a building permit for it? Used components with at least a 20 year warranty, installed per NEC codes and manufacturer's guidelines? To feed back to the grid?

If the answer to any of that is "no" - then you won't get the 30% tax credit.

The answer is : it depends. Assuming you're in the US, you qualify for the federal tax credit if :

1) the component(s) in question are new (as opposed to used)
2) used exclusively in conjunction with the solar system

If any of the components are used, you need to exclude them from your filing. Also if at any point in time you charge those batteries from the grid as opposed to from your solar, you can't claim their full value on your deductions, and you'll need to claim their portion based on the time they're charged exclusively from solar.

There is no requirement for one to feed into the grid, or to have a licensed contractor setup the system. I know some people think that's a pre-requisite, but it's not.

markz said:
Depends on what country you are from and state/province.

I heard crack-head brother Ford dis-continued incentives in Ontario.

Then cut student loans in half, then wrote off a $445M loan to Chrysler.

It was leftover from the 2009 bailout to Chrysler. Personally I think it was a good investment in Ontario at the time. What's completely crooked though is they wrote off $445 000 000 as "unrecoverable" after 10 years, but the Ministry of Finance hounded me for $10 000 in student loans from the 1990's until I paid them off last year. Student debt is forever in Ontario, but Corporate debt isn't. :?:

The Liberals are retarded in this country and the Conservatives are a bunch of slime balls.

furcifer said:
The Liberals are retarded in this country and the Conservatives are a bunch of slime balls.

Sounds familiar.

Subsidies schmubsidies.. you bought yourself a slice of independence from the fossil fuel, and in the process, deprived them of profit that they'd use to lobby against your interests in the future. That in itself is awesome. :thumb:

Back