Votol Controller/QS3000 Precharge + contactor circuits.

Sine

1 mW
I just received my QS3000 Mid Drive motor + Votol EM150 controller kit.

In the wiring diagram from the manufacturer, it shows that there are pinouts for precharge and contactor signals. However, the "Alarm" harness included with the kit does not include these pins on the connector (does this mean that the controller is customized/ doesn't have these functions?). The 'custom' wiring diagrams provided by QS do not list these pins only the generic VOTOL diagrams.

I can't find any documentation on this specific function. However, what are the odds that the precharge circuit has a current limiting precharge resistor already in it, and that the contactor signal is already protected with a suppression diode? Also, would the logic already exist to 'test' the before and after contactor voltages prior to activating the signal circuit? If the controller does this already I wouldn't want to handle the contactor signaling/precharge separately.

View attachment 2
View attachment 1
3.png

Using a QS3000 Motor and Votol controller. Looking for some feedback on my plan to wire up the precharge and contactor circuits.

Goals:
- The goal is to have a key-lock switch act as a pre-charge circuit and as the B+ voltage signal to unlock the controller.
- The Key lock ignition will supply B+ to the contactor switch. The contactor coil is about 270 ohm.
- I want the key-lock switch to allow the controller to boot up

Concerns:
- I'll have the suppression diode on the contactor coil. However, might I still need to be concerned about the voltage spike from the coil once unpowered?
- With this design I believe if I attempted to run the motor with only the key-lock switch closed I'll blow the 1A fuse, is there a better design that doesn't have this limitation, that also doesn't require me to have to remember to do the key-lock switch first?

EDIT: Actually, realized this configuration will still require me to remember proper order of switches, if I forget to turn off the contactor switch and turn on the precharge/Key-lock switch I'll arc the contacts. Back to the drawing board.

...and also realized I got this in the wrong forum. :lol:

Check out this topic:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=40142&hilit=precharge

Back