No earth wire between charger and battery

In my charger the earth wire are connected from the 240 volt socket into the charger.
But there is no earth wire going out from the charger to the battery.

Also inside the battery the battery charger socket does not have a earth wire soldered on.

So i wonder are there a reason why you would not want the earth wire to go all the way to the battery/scooter?

That's because the low DC voltage isn't going to give you an electric shock, I can barely feel the 84V coming out of my 20S charger when touching the output.

I think it gets dangerous at around 120-150V DC :kff:
Even then, Earth isn't going save you at high DC voltage because you are touching the - and + of the Battery, you would just fry there until you drop dead.

Can it be just because the 240 AC is made into something else that the earth do not go further because it is only meant to earth 240 volt equipment?

So if a fault happened inside the 48 volt system like inside the battery the buildings electric system might not turn off the power anyway because it only gets 48 volt on the earth wire.

So i guess the 240 V system might have its own earth and the 48 V system inside the scooter have its own earth and they do not connect?

How about if you jump in a swimming pool with your new waterproof 1000VDC charger that you forgot to disconnect from the socket.
Would there be a difference if the charger cable have earth so it could switch off?

Or suppose you charge your scooter and the battery shorts to the case and gets hot and maybe burns.
The charger just keeps running supplying the scooter with more power but would it not be better if the charger could sense the short and turn off the charger so perhaps the scooter would have a small chance of burning?

Read this before posting again:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_(electricity)

If your charger shorts it will probably just turn off or die. scootergrisen has to be trolling. All his posts are filled with weird observations, really weird conclusions and no common sense.

Back