New e-bike Help!

xXturbo31Xx

1 µW
Hey guys!

So I recently picked up an e-bike and don't have too much know how with the electric engines they use, now to start off I pulled apart the entire bike (working) so I could regrease all the bearings clean the chain and got into the engine case to check the integrity of the gears as when I was coming off load with weight it was making a clunk sound without weight off load it was not making a Sound.

Now since pulling it all apart I put it back together and it's still working as it should I have somehow activated the speed limiter at 25km/h when previously it was doing 54km/h

The bike is called a crossover and it's a 200w 53v bike I cannot find any info online as the company that made them went under or changed names? Any help at all even just explaining the way the gear activate or anything will be helpful.

Cheers.

As you were disassembling it, do you recall coming across a mysterious connector that had already been disconnected? If so, and you reconnected it upon reassembly, I'd peg that as the likely cause assuming nothing is binding and your battery is still good.

I reconnected the display that's the only extra wire I have put together that wasn't previously

If you disconnect the display does the bike once again go full speed? If so I'd assume that the system is programmed to that lower speed for legal compliance, and the display module is handling the limits. Unfamiliar with the bike so no idea what controller/lcd it's using, but if you take some pictures it's feasible someone here might recognize it and be able to help. Otherwise as best as i can tell it's ride slow, ride with the display disconnected, replace the controller and display with something else, or reverse engineer the existing system to get it to do what you want.

Back