Mobipus

Can't get the mobipus 72200 to work,
Driver direction not match motor direction controller program say.
No help from ballarat they say 300 programmable parameters but software is read only so contoller
is useless for me its crap.

iirc you have to contact mobipus for a time-limited password key to unlock the programming software to change stuff. i think the keys last an hour.

there's a thread with mobipus in the title that has that discussion in it.

but basically, almost certainly you have to talk to the manufacturer, to do what you want.

if you have an answer for this sort of problem, why not post it publicly so that anyone looking for it can find it, even if you yourself are no longer reading or posting on es? ;)

2 reasons.

1. It's an invalid file extension (ES won't let me upload the file)
2. Didn't want anyone (vendors/potential vendors) getting upset

ah.

file extension is easy to fix; just change the name of the file and leave a note in the attachment text box to rename the file after downloading it. ;)

or if that doesn't work just add it to a zip file and attach it.

chinese vendors generally don't patrol here. even if they did, if they won't help someone with one of their parts (a common problem, even if that person bought directly from them) then i don't see anything wrong with posting the solution even if it includes that vendor's software. (especially if it will help many people over time).

but it's up to you. ;)

Ballarat told me to adjust the hall sequence and i wonder how but no answer how to do that.
My motors is qs 273 and qs 205 and the work on sabvaton and kelly controller
but not on mobipus.

The 5 pin on the Hall connector has Red, Black, Green, Yellow and blue wires.
You swap the RGB wires around until you get a combination that works, if you are unlucky you might have to switch the RGB phase wires around as well.

There ya go.

Make sure the time key is on your desktop so that when you launch the software, it reads that time key. In the "controller setting" tab you should see that you have engineering access (see pic) which is not on a time limit. After that you can change settings like regen and flux weakening.

In the zip there is a profile for a qs205 motor, that should get you pretty close to where you need to be (although double check pole count). If your motor is spinning in reverse, you want to change the "Motor Driver Default Rotation Direction" to a 1 (see pic). Be sure to hit "write to device" before closing the program and disconnecting.

I also included the last profile I had on my qs205 before I broke the axle. I had FOC enabled and 3 profiles with regen setup on a 3 speed switch. Just fyi...

Hope this helps, good luck!

Attachments

• Mobipus.zip
    60.2 KB · Views: 101
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    27.5 KB · Views: 3,318
  • Capturen.PNG
    Capturen.PNG
    128.3 KB · Views: 3,318
Weird problem: I've got the software for my Mobipus 72600 from https://ballaratebikes.com/pages/downloads but when I try to run the "Mobipus Motor Controller Control Console Installer 3.4.16" it gives me an error, saying "User is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network. Check your network connection and click..."

Maybe important to mention: I haven't connected the controller per USB yet.

What should I do? I have tried to run the other applications like
"ComputerID" only shows my ComputerID
"dotNetFx..." (can't install it. It says I have already installed that)
Mobipus_Firmware_Upgrade_Tools_Setup_1.1.13 (shows the same error message, saying I'm not a valid user etc..)
Mobipus-TimeKey-UTC-20181203-1120 - says can't run that either, as it's "not a registry file".

What should I do?

Attachments

• Unbenannt.JPG
    Unbenannt.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 2,196
  • Unbenannt1.JPG
    Unbenannt1.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 2,196
just saw this thread. i have a 72600 i need to get the regen running on. no reply from ballarat where i bought if from. anyone able to suggest where to get the time codes from please?

ridethelightning said:
just saw this thread. i have a 72600 i need to get the regen running on. no reply from ballarat where i bought if from. anyone able to suggest where to get the time codes from please?

I'm not sure what you mean with "time codes". I will run the programm on Sunday, means tomorrow first time with my controller in case everything works and in case sh*t won't blow up :lol:. If you give me correct orders, I can try to tell you what works for me. Just remind me in case I forget to come back to you. Shot me a pm for a reminder in this case. Thx.

Cheers.
By the way: Problem above got solved. Just need to run it with a english-windows-version. Not a german one, as it needs a "C:/User/..." folder to get installed.

thanks Das.
as far as I am aware, a time limited code is required to adjust settings like enabling regen(that's all I need to do I think)

did you get regen going with the software?

also when i tried to download the mobipus zip file that shortcircut put in his post above, it said the software was no longer available for free or something :?

DasDouble said:
ridethelightning said:

I'm not sure what you mean with "time codes". I will run the programm on Sunday, means tomorrow first time with my controller in case everything works and in case sh*t won't blow up :lol:. If you give me correct orders, I can try to tell you what works for me. Just remind me in case I forget to come back to you. Shot me a pm for a reminder in this case. Thx.

Cheers.
By the way: Problem above got solved. Just need to run it with a english-windows-version. Not a german one, as it needs a "C:/User/..." folder to get installed.

Just saw my post from around a year ago and I have no clue, what in the world I've just done back then. The "trick" from then doesn't really work. Meanwhile my pc doesnt recognize the controller via USB nor WIFI dongle. Any help?

Back