We ordered a 2020 Mini Cooper electric!

recumpence

1 GW
On Earth right now. That can change at any time, t
We ordered a black Mini Cooper SE. It is already here in the US. We expect to have it in a couple weeks.

It looks like I will be the first youtuber on thre USA to have one!

Matt

I have heard things about the gasoline-powered Mini-Cooper which were concerning, but this is one of the brands and models that will have a HUGE boost in reliability when they convert to electric. There's an old joke about owning a Jaguar, where you need to be able to afford two. One to drive, and one to sit at the mechanics. Jaguar has some electric models coming up that I suspect will turn out to be very reliable and also perform very well...

We just received a call that our Mini is in stock! We are picking it up tomorrow! I cannot believe it! The virus issue is pushing the dealer to get our car done quickly.

Anyway, we chose this car because of a number of factors;

#1 Cost ($7,500 tax credit makes this car dirt cheap).
#2 Fun factor.
#3 Looks.
#4 Uniqueness (is that a word?).
#5 My wife loves Minis!😁

This will be added to the other two EVs we own (Model 3, and Smart electric).

Matt

I really like the look of this car, right now I'm driving a Spark EV and it's fun but it's a bit of a cheap car.

The Mini site says they're running low on stock and orders won't be shipping until summer... Did it say that when you ordered yours?

No it didn't.

Honestly, we just lucked out. Someone canceled their order and our dealer got a call that a car was on the boat in port in New York that was unspoken for and we could have it. So, we snatched it up!

I often wonder about the safety of small cars, in a world of trucks and big suv's.
But since its 2020 its gotta be top notch for safety.

recumpence said:
We are at the dealer right now!

pics... we need pics!

I just bought my second Volt. My first one only had 40k miles on it but since Chevy has discontinued making them and the $9k tax credit was about to expire, I figured why not buy another. Besides, nobody else is making anything like the Volt that sells for anything close to the Volt price.

I just bought my second Volt

The more I read about EV's, the more I am impressed by the Volt. And this is coming from a guy who is skeptical about anything from Detroit, and especially from GM. I was genuinely sad when they discontinued them. If I win the lottery, a used Chevy Volt is going to be one of my first purchases.

spinningmagnets said:
I just bought my second Volt

The more I read about EV's, the more I am impressed by the Volt. And this is coming from a guy who is skeptical about anything from Detroit, and especially from GM. I was genuinely sad when they discontinued them. If I win the lottery, a used Chevy Volt is going to be one of my first purchases.

2nd would be a Tesla Model S no doubt.
The 2019 Model S Tesla – $205,820

The 2019 Model S Tesla has a starting price of $75,000, that is if you want to base model without all the bells and whistles. When it’s all decked out with the available upgrades and options, the full meal deal will run you about $205,820, making it the most expensive model that the brand offers to date.

Cool video, great to have some real world testing data out there.

In my experience with the spark, speed makes a larger difference in range than weather, I'm betting even more so for the mini since it has a heat pump. It's an especially large factor for small cars, where aerodynamic drag has much more of an effect than rolling resistance. I think a more realistic range test for people in the US might be freeway driving around 65mph. The EPA test seems to have more of this than the EU ones which is why I think the EPA range is a lot lower.

We ordered a 2020 Hyundai Ioniq (38 kWh battery, 350 km town range and ~270 km highway).
Was supposed to arrive next week but thanks to a certain pandemic it will be more like late May :(

jonescg said:
We ordered a 2020 Hyundai Ioniq (38 kWh battery, 350 km town range and ~270 km highway).
Was supposed to arrive next week but thanks to a certain pandemic it will be more like late May :(

Ask for a discount
:wink:

markz said:
jonescg said:

Ask for a discount
:wink:

We already got $3k off the sticker price - $49,990 on the road. Worth a shot though.

Back