Time to drop a cell (or two?) from my packs? Speed is getting a bit much.

pullin-gs

1 kW
I've had a ton of fun with my etrike for past year, upgrading it and getting faster along the way.
Currently trike does 28MPH (faster if conditions are right).
Those speeds can do some serious injuries?
Either I need to gear up or slow down. :-(

FYI I also own a motorcycle: When I ride I ALWAYS wear gear (full-face helmet, kevlar/armored jacket, kevlar pants, armored gloves, steel toe/shank boots).

What lighter-weight gear do you guys recommend?
I'm thinking a good place to start is elbow/knee pads, a better bike helmet, and full-fingered plastic gloves?

P

What lighter-weight gear do you guys recommend?
Well, the. Pro cyclists all have the best advice and gear ..dont they ?
So, if you follow their example when they hurl down those wet mountain tracks etc at 70-80mph...it would seem a nice colourful lycra top and gel shorts would be the ideal !!
.....and pack a few Band Aids !

I'm in the shorts, sandals and T-shirt camp too. I guess protective gear would mean wearing underwear? Nah, it was 106 degrees yesterday. If I had all the gear on that you mentioned here in this desert I would die.

If you want to slow the bike down, just get something like a hose clamp that would limit the throttle to about 2/3rd turn.

The only thing that makes the gear bearable on a hot day is the speed of the motorcycle. While flip flops and a tee shirt are not the right answer, motorcycle gear gets hot.
I'm thinkin good shoes. long sleeves, add more as speeds increase. Helmet ALWAYS. Now where do we draw the line between DOT motorcycle helmet and bike helmet. I would not want to wear my full face hybrid on a bicycle, again it's the airflow.

Back