AllCell BMS repositioning

Mumei

1 µW
Greetings

First posting and many thanks to all sharing knowledge for my first build.

I have replaced a front hub motor, controller and battery for my 84 year old neighbor. The bike was at least 15 years old running a SLA 36 volt to a direct drive motor. I replaced with a BMC geared motor and BMC 36 volt controller, throttled etc.

It has turned out better than expected and I may have the ebike bug. Building a wheel was particularly gratifying.

I am at the point of trying to fit an AllCell 36v 20ah pack into the largest rear rack mount battery case I could find. Trying to get away from the battery bag and give my neighbor a convenient case with the key switch/lock, charge state etc. The case has yet to arrive, however, I will need to move the AllCell BMS from the top to the side for it to fit into any hard case readily available.

Has anyone attempted to relocate a BMS on an AllCell battery? If so, I would appreciate any advice or a heads up on challenges while trying to relocate the BMS.

I will Have lots of questions on case wiring-but If the BMS cannot be moved all else is mute.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Back