Anyone with a Kelly controller riding with a wattmeter?

rg12

100 kW
They rate their controllers by phase current and I would like to know if someone is set to 120A phase current for example, how much it really pulls max from the battery.

rg12 said:
They rate their controllers by phase current and I would like to know if someone is set to 120A phase current for example, how much it really pulls max from the battery.

I think they rate the controller by battery current as any other controllers.
It is posible to adjust the battery current and the phase current by the software.
Check here:
[youtube]https://youtu.be/A_si4IfU5so[/youtube]

I see in this vid only motor current and in the vehicle screen it has current percentage.
So I think they are hiding the fact that they are actually rated for much lower current and mislead customers thinking their average sized controller is actually 300A.
Only small controllers that can do that are expensive foc controllers like all the vesc based, nucular...

Yes you are partially right, the continuous current that the controllers are rated are for the battery current. But the peak current refers to phase current. That is why there is so big difference between the continuous and peak values on their specifications in comparison to others.

_GonZo_ said:
Yes you are partially right, the continuous current that the controllers are rated are for the battery current. But the peak current refers to phase current. That is why there is so big difference between the continuous and peak values on their specifications in comparison to others.

Ahh now I get it, that is one misleading advertising right there!
So the constant current is the battery current, thanks alot!

I have a kelly KEB48601 and just got a Wattmeter I am planning on doing some tests with

My pack is 13s 48v nominal LiPo with a 5Kw BLDC motor .

Any idea what kind of peak current i will draw ?
The wattmeter I bought is 200A and i thought it was 300A am I in the ballpark or should i get a bigger wattmeter ?

Peak phase current is 350A for 10 seconds
Continuous phase current limit 140A

For the kelly KEB48601:
Max. continuos current from battery is 140A so if your wattmeter is up to 200A you do not need a bigger wattmeter.

Back