The Onecycle build. My self balancing single wheeled e-bike(?)

Aether

1 µW
~ This is my Onecycle. It's currently under construction as we have everything we need to create it. It's just a matter of putting it all together. It's slated to go, safely, 55mph. Probably faster with the specs. MXUS 5k-Turbo motor paired to a (BICYCLE SPEC ->) 26x4.0 fat bike rim.
<If you've seen EUC's (Electric Unicycles) it is akin to them. Just oversized to the proportions to fit an entire body to straddle it. Unlike the EUC it will be ridden only sitting. Straddling the wheel.>
~ I have run into an issue during the build. I need a durable fat bike tire. Preferably motorcycle tire that will fit my 26 x 4.0 rim (however bike dimensions are apparently weird). So the real-world size is about 22-23" in diameter and the inside width is 3".
~ Does anyone have any recommendations for a very long-lasting fat bike tire that will fit these BIKE dimensions? For a motorcycle, it's roughly 23"x3" which only fits one tire. It is a dirt bike tire and I'm trying to stick to the street. Pics below for my project.
~ Before you proceed below. Please remember this is my project. Complaining about the seating position or design or anything is null and void to me. We already have the VESC that we are going to put in it and everything. If you have anything useful and helpful. Please let me know asap! I really am all in about this project. received_210924023920037.jpeg crappy 3D renderings. The handlebars are likely to be vertical. Pedals will be better. And the colors will be different. 20201223_234342.jpg sitting position shown by pen caps. It's not supposed to be a very comfortable seating position. The overall ending size diameter should be about 32" or more with the shell on top. It will be enough to be ridable. I wanted even bigger than that actually.

Great project :thumb:
Hope to see this developed further. Please update this thread when you make progress.
As to the tire question: why not lace the hub motor in a motorcycle rim? A 19" or 21" rim would give you many options for durable street tires.
If it must be a bicycle (Fat Bike) tire then Vee tires have street/on road profiles: https://veetireco.com/product-category/fat-bike/

Aether said:
~ I have run into an issue during the build. I need a durable fat bike tire. Preferably motorcycle tire that will fit my 26 x 4.0 rim (however bike dimensions are apparently weird). So the real-world size is about 22-23" in diameter and the inside width is 3".
~ Does anyone have any recommendations for a very long-lasting fat bike tire that will fit these BIKE dimensions? For a motorcycle, it's roughly 23"x3" which only fits one tire. It is a dirt bike tire and I'm trying to stick to the street. Pics below for my project.

Unfortunately there is only one common size cross between bicycle and motorcycle rims and tires, using a 20" bicycle rim for a 16" motorcycle tire.

There have been posts about (I think) a 26" bicycle rim and a rare 22" motorcycle tire, but I don't recall which specific rim and tire...and I think some couldn't get it to work (might not have had the same rim width or bead seat diameter, etc; or maybe even the tires themselves were sufficiently different, I don't know). I may be misremembering which size bicycle rim was used, too.

19" motorcycle tires have around the same general diameter as 26" bicycle tires, but they won't fit on the same rims. (there is a whole thread about that general sort of thing that may have useful information for you, but it is quite long:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55458 )

I was thinking that as well. It may pay off in the long run to get a motorcycle dedicated rim. Or save some $$$ and just go with a durable bicycle tire. That's why I was asking here to see what people had in mind.

If you want to throw lots of money at it, there are 30" rims and radial tires for custom motorcycles.

hotbike-bagger-kings-road-king-01.jpg

Agreed. I would like to eventually reach that point. That would be a full-size Onecycle for sure. However, that stuff is extremely expensive haha. I've gone on to decide to go with a durable fat bike tire. I've settled on a Vee Apache FattySlick 26 x 4.5 It is exactly in my ballpark for price. And the rolling resistance is as low as it gets. According to sites and other sources, it should fit on my (true size) 3" wide rims with no issue. I would like some weigh-ins from you guys on this. The best I've found was that it will fit with an inner tube inside.
fattyslick.jpg

Back