3.7v vs 4.2v

MartyMcfly1

10 mW
I've got a small problem. I've received some Tattu Li-po batteries from China. So returns may be problematic.

My goal was to run 22s at 4.2v per cell giving me 92.4v. So three 22.2v 6s packs and one 14.8v 4s pack. The seller of the 4s has sent me another 6s in error.

If I were to run all four packs, 24s, at full charge 4.2v per cell, I'd be at 100.8v which is too much for my controllers mosfets. Instead of try and return this pack. I'm thinking I could just run 24s and charge to 3.7 or 3.8v per cell. Giving me 88.8v or 91.2v respectively.

My question is, are there any drawbacks in terms of discharge and range if I was to just run with them at less than full charge? I'm not experienced in splitting packs and don't fancy causing an explosion so I'm not disecting.

There will be very low Ah capacity at that low a voltage.

And the pack will get murdered very early.

Use a lower series count instead.

I have also been trying to find those tattu lipo batteries, especially the big 22000mah, but didnt want to run the risk of a dud pack.
I'd be interested to see how they fair, but agree, run at 18s 4.1-4.15V

Could try 4.00V x 24S = 96V should be a good margin for your 100V mosfets.
:thumb:

Whats your total Ah for that battery?

I'm trying to resolve error with vendor in China. They requested photographs (even though I already sent some). Not sure on how this is going to turn out.

So a few suggestions to run 18s at full charge,

And a suggestion to run 24s at less than full charge. I'm still not sure what to do.

Theyre 10,000mah packs rated 25c and I'm linking in series, no parallel.

As stated, you need to charge per-cell to Full (4.10 - 4.15V, not 4.2V) in order to get close to the Ah capacity (range) you paid for.

If your use case dictates a particular pack level voltage, that determines your series count.

Usually very little wiggle room there, between not getting the speed you want, and stressing the electrical components too much.

The vendor failed to supply what you ordered.

Either patiently try to get them to make good

or order the missing pack elsewhere.

Maybe place another order so you end up with two identical packs at the correct S-count.

Use one a bit more than the other, so when EoL arrives, you have a spare to tide you over while waiting for the replacement to arrive.

Spares are always good when stuff has to take the slow boat from China.

Back