Gharging an ev with limited power

cavit

1 µW
I am interested to charge an ev car with limited power on a solar system or even directly on a PV string,
total amount of energy is enough for my needs but power is limited, I do not want to spend money on an expansive stationary battery to fast charge, in do not need fast charge, i need better efficiency, for this reason I need to charge direct on a pv string or dirct from a dc bus.

Can i use a simple dc/dc converter step up or down depending on on string voltage to meet ev`s battery voltage and charge it directly? and limit the final voltage by a feedback loop to avoid overcharge?

I already use this architecture to charge a stationary LTO bank 120v two independent strings of 55s 40ah LTO cells from several years with no issues.
DC/DC charger has two voltage feedback loops,one controls pv string voltage during charging, to stay close to maximum power point, and second controls the output voltage limit, to avoid over charge.
with no load out voltage is limited at a preset value, if output voltage is below that value it transfers all available power to the battery.

I can install more than one such controllers on the same pv string with slight different input voltage preset to establish charging priority for several batteries, including ev battery as well.

Back