DHL now flying electric planes.

e-beach

10 MW
Any Los Angeles area beach I am at. Or Santa Monic
https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2021/08/03/dhl-eviation-alice-electric-plane/2511627993324/
Aug. 3 (UPI) -- Courier DHL Express announced on Tuesday that it's buying several new all-electric planes with the intention of using them to deliver packages across the United States.

The Germany-based company said it will buy 12 fixed-wing "Alice" electric planes from U.S.-based startup Eviation.

Officials said the planes, which can carry 2,600 pounds of cargo and travel 250 mph, will be used to deliver to certain markets.

"We're going to spread them out in between the West Coast and the East Coast," DHL Express Americas CEO Mike Parra said, according to CNBC. "These Eviation electric planes will replace some of our current smaller feeder aircraft that we have in those markets."

The primary factor in the buy, DHL said, is its commitment to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.

The Alice aircraft, manufactured in Washington state, can fly for 500 miles on a single charge.

:D :bolt:

Crazy that this is even a thing and makes economic sense enough for a company to buy some!
i expected this happen later down the line when we're at at least 500whr/kg for batteries.

Jet fuel must be getting expensive!

Mmm hmm
640Kw? What's power?

I doubt that is the claimed thrust ( lbf ) for a propulsion system, rather a "motor rating" and imagine a geared fan layout.
Remember all the rest of the electrical power needed for guidance and communication system.

😉 and the first FAA Aircraft/Engine fully certificated "A101" will be delivered, underpowered and late, in 2051.
OR

The Eviation Alice model concept will produce a design, cert tested, cost effective airplane.
NOT
Here post Fukushima Country of Japan and the ¥ of Mitsubishi could not certify a new Japanese aircraft.
A Real flying Example the MJET maybe for sale right now just add batteries and "motors" ~ 30KFn thrust and plenty 112V juice.
MJET.jpeg

more details.

https://electrek.co/2021/08/03/dhl-to-deploy-12-redesigned-alice-eplanes-from-eviation-testing-begins-this-year/

Its never been flown. Or built. Testing starts later this year. Fingers crossed it works as intended as soon as expected.

Back