VOTOL EM (TORQUE SETTINGS) HELP

General Discussion about electric vehicles.
Post Reply
maincraft   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 18
Joined: Sep 28 2021 7:05am

VOTOL EM (TORQUE SETTINGS) HELP

Post by maincraft » Dec 26 2021 4:56pm

Hey brothers.
I need to help, i have VOTOL EM-150SP and QS138 90H.
My question is: "what a settings for MAXIMUM TORQUE from 0 rpm?"
I NEED MAXIMUM POSSIBLE TORQUE FROM START.
Thanks.

Image

User avatar
BareKuda   100 W

100 W
Posts: 215
Joined: Oct 26 2021 1:36am

Re: VOTOL EM (TORQUE SETTINGS) HELP

Post by BareKuda » Dec 26 2021 6:02pm

maincraft wrote:
Dec 26 2021 4:56pm
Hey brothers.
I need to help, i have VOTOL EM-150SP and QS138 90H.
My question is: "what a settings for MAXIMUM TORQUE from 0 rpm?"
I NEED MAXIMUM POSSIBLE TORQUE FROM START.
Thanks.

Image
If you set that:
0
0
255
120

It will give the max increase in torque but the actual torque is from other variables and settings.

Torque at the motor will mostly be set by how many amps you send through the phase wires without burning the motor up. If you accelerate and see 150A on the Votol display page then thats about 2.5x rated power which it can deal with for short periods of time.

The other obvious way to increase torque to the drive wheels is to use a higher reduction ratio, then use flux weakening to get back some top speed if you want that.

If you have all the torque you want but it just lags a few tenths of a second then turn soft start off and the transmission torque settings listed above and thats as snappy as it will get. I think there is a few milliseconds of lag built in or it would behave very erratic and be breaking parts.

maincraft   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 18
Joined: Sep 28 2021 7:05am

Re: VOTOL EM (TORQUE SETTINGS) HELP

Post by maincraft » Dec 27 2021 9:31am

Thanks brother. Very appreciate! Now i'm finally understanding about this value.
Yea! I'm using higher reduction ratio 1 x 80 xD but wanna be sure that controller set on for maximum torque perfomance :D
Cheers :o

User avatar
BareKuda   100 W

100 W
Posts: 215
Joined: Oct 26 2021 1:36am

Re: VOTOL EM (TORQUE SETTINGS) HELP

Post by BareKuda » Dec 31 2021 11:52pm

maincraft wrote:
Dec 27 2021 9:31am
Thanks brother. Very appreciate! Now i'm finally understanding about this value.
Yea! I'm using higher reduction ratio 1 x 80 xD but wanna be sure that controller set on for maximum torque perfomance :D
Cheers :o
80:1 reduction you should be able to pull a fully loaded semi, unless your tires came off an Earth mover. Lol

Hope you got it working well for your ELECTRIC SHERP. That would be a cool conversion.

maincraft   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 18
Joined: Sep 28 2021 7:05am

Re: VOTOL EM (TORQUE SETTINGS) HELP

Post by maincraft » Jan 04 2022 10:25am

@BareKuda ahahahahah you 100% guessed what i'm doing.
look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpAyv3x23IA
Image

User avatar
BareKuda   100 W

100 W
Posts: 215
Joined: Oct 26 2021 1:36am

Re: VOTOL EM (TORQUE SETTINGS) HELP

Post by BareKuda » Jan 15 2022 12:26am

maincraft wrote:
Jan 04 2022 10:25am
@BareKuda ahahahahah you 100% guessed what i'm doing.
look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpAyv3x23IA
Image
Those crazy Russians. Lol

The Sherp has so many features that interfere with using hub motors. It would be nice to get rid of the chains so it can be more silent. The ultimate hunting vehicle. Lol

maincraft   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 18
Joined: Sep 28 2021 7:05am

Re: VOTOL EM (TORQUE SETTINGS) HELP

Post by maincraft » Jan 15 2022 3:05am

ahahaha you are right! :lol:
In few next iterations, i'll remove chains and and will attach reductor for each wheel.
But right now it will works with chains.

User avatar
BareKuda   100 W

100 W
Posts: 215
Joined: Oct 26 2021 1:36am

Re: VOTOL EM (TORQUE SETTINGS) HELP

Post by BareKuda » Jan 16 2022 8:24am

maincraft wrote:
Jan 15 2022 3:05am
ahahaha you are right! :lol:
In few next iterations, i'll remove chains and and will attach reductor for each wheel.
But right now it will works with chains.
Do you have a build thread on this? Im sure many will find this interesting.

maincraft   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 18
Joined: Sep 28 2021 7:05am

Re: VOTOL EM (TORQUE SETTINGS) HELP

Post by maincraft » Jan 21 2022 6:12am

BareKuda wrote:
Jan 16 2022 8:24am
maincraft wrote:
Jan 15 2022 3:05am
ahahaha you are right! :lol:
In few next iterations, i'll remove chains and and will attach reductor for each wheel.
But right now it will works with chains.
Do you have a build thread on this? Im sure many will find this interesting.
Nop. Brother. Doing it like a hobby project :D

User avatar
BareKuda   100 W

100 W
Posts: 215
Joined: Oct 26 2021 1:36am

Re: VOTOL EM (TORQUE SETTINGS) HELP

Post by BareKuda » Jan 21 2022 11:01pm

maincraft wrote:
Jan 21 2022 6:12am
BareKuda wrote:
Jan 16 2022 8:24am
maincraft wrote:
Jan 15 2022 3:05am
ahahaha you are right! :lol:
In few next iterations, i'll remove chains and and will attach reductor for each wheel.
But right now it will works with chains.
Do you have a build thread on this? Im sure many will find this interesting.
Nop. Brother. Doing it like a hobby project :D
Add photography to your hobby and post some pictures of your build. Lol

Post Reply