VOTOL EM (TORQUE SETTINGS) HELP

maincraft

10 mW
Hey brothers.
I need to help, i have VOTOL EM-150SP and QS138 90H.
My question is: "what a settings for MAXIMUM TORQUE from 0 rpm?"
I NEED MAXIMUM POSSIBLE TORQUE FROM START.
Thanks.

2021-12-27-005112.png

maincraft said:
Hey brothers.
I need to help, i have VOTOL EM-150SP and QS138 90H.
My question is: "what a settings for MAXIMUM TORQUE from 0 rpm?"
I NEED MAXIMUM POSSIBLE TORQUE FROM START.
Thanks.

2021-12-27-005112.png

If you set that:

It will give the max increase in torque but the actual torque is from other variables and settings.

Torque at the motor will mostly be set by how many amps you send through the phase wires without burning the motor up. If you accelerate and see 150A on the Votol display page then thats about 2.5x rated power which it can deal with for short periods of time.

The other obvious way to increase torque to the drive wheels is to use a higher reduction ratio, then use flux weakening to get back some top speed if you want that.

If you have all the torque you want but it just lags a few tenths of a second then turn soft start off and the transmission torque settings listed above and thats as snappy as it will get. I think there is a few milliseconds of lag built in or it would behave very erratic and be breaking parts.

Thanks brother. Very appreciate! Now i'm finally understanding about this value.
Yea! I'm using higher reduction ratio 1 x 80 xD but wanna be sure that controller set on for maximum torque perfomance :D
Cheers :eek:

maincraft said:
Thanks brother. Very appreciate! Now i'm finally understanding about this value.
Yea! I'm using higher reduction ratio 1 x 80 xD but wanna be sure that controller set on for maximum torque perfomance :D
Cheers :eek:

80:1 reduction you should be able to pull a fully loaded semi, unless your tires came off an Earth mover. Lol

Hope you got it working well for your ELECTRIC SHERP. That would be a cool conversion.

@BareKuda ahahahahah you 100% guessed what i'm doing.
look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpAyv3x23IA
2022-01-04-182408.png

maincraft said:
@BareKuda ahahahahah you 100% guessed what i'm doing.
look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpAyv3x23IA
2022-01-04-182408.png

Those crazy Russians. Lol

The Sherp has so many features that interfere with using hub motors. It would be nice to get rid of the chains so it can be more silent. The ultimate hunting vehicle. Lol

ahahaha you are right! :lol:
In few next iterations, i'll remove chains and and will attach reductor for each wheel.
But right now it will works with chains.

maincraft said:
In few next iterations, i'll remove chains and and will attach reductor for each wheel.

Do you have a build thread on this? Im sure many will find this interesting.

BareKuda said:
maincraft said:

Nop. Brother. Doing it like a hobby project :D

maincraft said:
BareKuda said:
maincraft said:

Add photography to your hobby and post some pictures of your build. Lol

BareKuda said:
maincraft said:
BareKuda said:
maincraft said:

Add photography to your hobby and post some pictures of your build. Lol

Hey, BareKuda :)

arc1.jpg

Hey brothers., hey @BareKuda
Can any one explain exactly about "Start torque" and "Combinative torque"?
I have some problem with another UTV without reduction gear and low throttle (10-20% of throttle).
VOTOL waiting some action for move and after due timeout 5-10sec and going to similar like protection.
When you adding more throttle and UTV going start - no problems.
I think start torque or combinative torque - its exactly what im need but need your help brothers.

1) Whats is "START TORQUE" ? (Whats available input value range? No have information)
2) Whats is "COMBINATIVE TORQUE" ? (Whats available input value range? Document showing 0-350)

BareKuda wrote: but withoutt details in practice :)
For the drivetrain slop settings:
“Starting torque” is the initial torque until drivetrain slack is removed. Normally set to 0
“Combinative torque” is the torque after drivetrain slack is taken up. Normally set to 0
“Rate of rise” is the slope of increasing torque, max is 250.
“Rate of decline” slope of decreasing torque. Set 100 to 250.

----
settings.png

Back