Renault Zoe

Check out the price of the Renault Zoe in the U.K, Irish prices not announced yet!

Get the part where it says 70 pounds a month for the battery LMAO for 6k miles a year laughing even louder LOLOLOLOL :mrgreen:

That's 2500 Pounds over the 3 years, who are they kidding ? That would be nearly 20,000 Euro's in total over the 3 years. And the mileage limitation is ridiculous!

I hear rumours that Renault have decided to install a faster charger charging in 4 hours ?

It's not uncommon a car of that size on roads here, only difference they would have only a 1.0L petrol with 60 hp or less and 60 lbs of torque! So this will have decent power.

Other rumours say that the car will have a real 130 miles range, I'll believe that when I read a review from an actual owner, no idea on battery kw/hr I can't find it out anyway ?

I just saw the advertising here, it's supposed to charge to 80% in half an hour.... That's great! And hard to believe too...

rojitor said:
I just saw the advertising here, it's supposed to charge to 80% in half an hour.... That's great! And hard to believe too...

That's on a fast charger. But I was talking about charging from 220 volts. I think they changed the on board charger to 6kw.

I could be wrong, truing to find more information. It's supposed to start production in the summer.

This is the link to the Fluence Z.E in the U.K

http://www.renault.co.uk/cars/model/fluence-ze/pricesandspecs.aspx

I can't find any info on battery leasing, nor can I find any battery leasing info on the Irish site, so that makes me believe they have scrapped the battery leasing option with the fluence.

I don't know about the U.K but Irish people Don't lease, so that would never have worked here.

Check out this interesting link

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/renault/zoe-2012/?section=good

The heater generates 3kw of heat from only 1kw !!

http://www.gizmag.com/renault-zoe-electric-car-geneva-premiere/21755/

How the hell can they fit a battery the same capacity as the leaf into this Zoe ?

I wonder are the rumours true then that the Leaf II will have greater range ? They must have some different chemistry in the Zoe ?

I cannot wait for the Zoe to be available.

I hope this is not considered spam, but we are trying to organize a forum for in-depth discussion of the Renault electrics, including the ZOE, on a more focussed scope.

I hope you will join us at RenaultZEForum dot com.

Does anyone know anything about the LG Chem cells used in the Twizy or Zoe ?

Seems Twizy owners notice reduced range in the winter now.

Hi,

the LG Chem cells are used too in the Chevy Volt.
I have a Renault Twizy. It has 42 cells in a 3p14s configuration with 6,1kwh useable capacity.That is enough for 70-80km range in summer. About 7,1kwh are total battery capacity. Cells work as better as higher ambient temperature is. Best I would say is at 20°C and more.
But the decrease in range distance with low ambient temperature is not so much. I think below -10% range decrease at 0°C.

regards

Klaus

bm3 said:
Hi,

the LG Chem cells are used too in the Chevy Volt.
I have a Renault Twizy. It has 42 cells in a 3p14s configuration with 6,1kwh useable capacity.That is enough for 70-80km range in summer. About 7,1kwh are total battery capacity. Cells work as better as higher ambient temperature is. Best I would say is at 20°C and more.
But the decrease in range distance with low ambient temperature is not so much. I think below -10% range decrease at 0°C.

regards

Klaus

Hi Klaus,

What country do you live ?

I'd love a spin in Twizy, I couldn't imagine living with one though in an Irish climate. Way too much wind and rain. I don't even think they sell it here yet.

I live in Germany
drive my Twizy since April last year even now in Winter. Its works good up to -10 °C.
I'm very pleased with it. Makes me a lot of fun. :D
It has some half doors and now one can get side windows if wanted.Weather protection is good enough.

bm3 said:
I live in Germany
drive my Twizy since April last year even now in Winter. Its works good up to -10 °C.
I'm very pleased with it. Males me a lot of fun. :D

Ah good old Deutschland. I go there a lot, Schwabisch Hall it's in Baden-Wurttemberg. Beautiful place. My girlfriend if from around there. Unfortunately I still have not learned to speak Deutsch. :(

Anyway you got the cold we get the storms, I'd take cold over constant wind and rain. Pity they never put heat in Twizy.

What's the acceleration like ?

bm3 said:
Acceleration is not a hammer but good enough :D
You can win the start at traffic lights. :D
I have a Vectrix scooter with NimH too and its better.
If you travel through Germany, you can visit me for coffee or tea and cake.

Hey, I might just take you up on that offer next time I'm over. :mrgreen:

What is the difference between the different cells used in the Leaf and Zoe ?

Does anyone know if the Zoe battery is heated, or will the range drop like in the Leaf in the cold ? I can't find any information on the Zoe battery apart from the fact it used LG Chem cells.

I really like the fact Zoe has the 43 kw charger on board, most of our public chargers are 20 kw and so you are never far from a 1 hr charge or less as you will never arrive with a empty battery.

Currently there are far fewer fast DC chargers, but there are a lot to be installed over the next 2 years, the first of those to come on line in the next few weeks and rumour has it they will be both DC and AC fast charge capable.

Renault now offer both battery rental and purchase with the car, nice to have the option.

But one review I've read said that 100 miles and more should be possible, it will be interesting to find out.

Heard that the onboard 43kW charger uses the motor coils, thus not requiring large inductors, reducing the size and weight.
Very smart.

Impressive,little car, decent boot for its size.

Interior full of hard cheap plastic but doesn't look too bad, I drove the one with the really bright interior which I don't like but they have a darker interior which looks much better.

It's god pretty good acceleration to 80 kph then it drops off after, it's only 90 hp but it's not bad. Over taking a cyclist on a narrow road was a lot of fun.

It's got a heap pump as standard and the best thing of all, a 44 kw on board ac charger.

The touch screen is pretty cool but I didn't have time to play with .

It costs between 16,500 euros to 20k euros for the top spec, you have to lease the battery but judging by the Nissan Leaf, you could be down 20 % by 75 K miles, if your addicted to the fast charger it you could loose 15 % by 50 k miles as happened Nikki Gordon Bloomfield in the U.K.

So the way I look at is I would rather have a car that I can replace the battery than not.

The idea is the Zoe could replace the crv and my partner would get the Prius, then eventually she would get Zoe and if the battery is worn it's replaced.

By the way does anyone know anything about the LG Chem battery in the Zoe ? I can't find any information about it at all.

Hillhater said:
Where and when can you use a 44kW charger ?
At 440 v that is still a 100 A supply required !

There are plenty of street charge points here capable of 22 kw and most of the fast chargers are A/C D/C and some have CCS too.

The Zoe can make best use of our charging infrastructure.

I drove the Zoe then the Nissan leaf right after it and while the Zoe was perfectly acceptable the Leaf is miles better. The Leaf felt like any other mid range car while the Zoe felt tinny and reminded me a bit of a Yugo a pall had a few years ago.

Zoe isn't a bad car at all, the motor while not the strongest is leaps and bounds better than any underpowered petrol or diesel engine Renault normally stick in their cars.

But I agree the Leaf is leaps and bounds better, if only had a 0-44 Kw Ac on board charger !!!

I got the Leaf top spec 3 weeks ago and absolutely love it, and even though this time of year in the cold I only get about 60-70 miles range at about 60 mph, I still would never go back to petrol or diesel unless I absolutely had to. The electric driving experience is just terrific and with the DC 50 Kw chargers it makes driving an EV so much easier.

I would have bought the Kia Soul EV only Kia Ireland decided not to import it because they felt Irish people would not have the interest, how nice of them to make such an assumption. I really let them have it over that. I told them that they should at least advertise it on the Irish kia website because if people don't know it exists then how can they show an interest in it ? but maybe that's the way they want it, maybe they don't want to spend money on training technicians or re-equipping the workshops for what they feel will be a tiny few EV's sold ?

Back