Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Stefanj.

10 µW
Hey guys,
This is my first post on this forum ever.
Let me introduce myself shortly.
I'm a moped lover who just started looking toward an electric moped. My plan is to use a honda monkey replica rolling frame and make it electrical.
I've bought the qs 2000w mid drive swingarm kit.
Why? Because I loved the look of the swingarm at first sight and it looked like an easy swap with the original monkey swingarm. The kit came with a Votol em-100 controller (72v)
Now my first question for this topic is, does anyone has experience working with this model of controllers in particular?

Any english info about this would help!

Thanks, Stefan.

Oof. I definitely would have bought myself a Controller that is well documented on this forum like Kelly,Sabvoton,Addapto,Powervelocity etc.

I haven't even heard of a Votol Controller. You might be one of the first.

But I'll help as much as I can of course.

What I've been able to find so far:

http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/article_read/VOTOL%20Lande%20Controller%20BLDC%20Programable%2072v%2048v%20Mid%20Drive%20Motor%20Controllers/837.html

Did you get a zip file from them containing the manual and program yet?

If not then I'll get a copy myself, I could try cleaning it up a little.

Edit: I talked to Vito Ho about some documentation, she only gave me the pdfs for the wiring diagram and the User manual.
They preprogramm it for you apparently, so no software 4 U.

Attachments

• EM controller wiring.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 10,178
  • VOTOL EMController Manual V2.0.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 10,569
I have the votol em150 controller. It's the same program for these controllers.

You need to either get cable from qsmotor or build one from a prolific pl2303 serial usb adapter cable and a 4-pin connector.

I can share the software. It is not hard to understand the program so once you have it you'll be able to use it.

I am using a Votol EM-100 Controller with 2KW motor. I have connected the controller, throttle wire and the battery. But the assembly is not running. There is one wire in the documentation by the name 'power key lock ' do I need to connect this to test the motor. It would be great if you can suggest the minimum connection needed to check the motor. I am using a 72V 24Ah battery.

The controller needs connection to B+ (full battery voltage) to the correct wire (called "E-lock" here, in other places "electric door lock") to turn on. see pic.
Capture.JPG

EDIT: I found some new controller connection diagrams on Votol.net:
5c9ebe3ae8b25.jpg
EDIT2: This is QS downloads for latest manual:
http://www.siaecosys.com/list/?classid=102

This is old manual:

Thanks but there is only a single wire (grey/purple) connector coming from the harness. But I believe for a lock we need atleast two one for B+ and other for grey/purple. Am I correct ?

Thanks larsb, so I can connect B+ to purple/grey and test for now, without a switch. Am I correct ?

Thanks larsb and eee21 you have been of great help. It worked !! Sorry for all those stupid questions. Learning alot. Thanks again

larsb said:
No worries. It should be clear in the manual and in the wiring diagram but it isn't.

hey i just got mine controller too,
to where i connect the 4 pins for the usb cable?
and will i need to connect the battery too? to config the controller

larsb said:
I have the votol em150 controller. It's the same program for these controllers.

You need to either get cable from qsmotor or build one from a prolific pl2303 serial usb adapter cable and a 4-pin connector.
14320016964.jpeg
I can share the software. It is not hard to understand the program so once you have it you'll be able to use it.

i have that same cable,

but there is only one connecter on the controller that mach but he have 3 pins ,
thats the connectoers:
https://imgur.com/M9s23Dh

I am certainly not an expert in serial communication but i checked and in some cases only rx, tx and ground is needed so the 3 wires and this connector is the programming one (even if it's not 4 wires) :D

QS must have optimised the cable and removed the 5V feed since i bought my controller (picture from user "ors150" cable)

yes you have been correct, its work well like that,
i have a question about the reverse ,he need to be connected to the nagative of the batt in order to work?

larsb said:
I am certainly not an expert in serial communication but i checked and in some cases only rx, tx and ground is needed so the 3 wires and this connector is the programming one (even if it's not 4 wires) :D

QS must have optimised the cable and removed the 5V feed since i bought my controller (picture from user "ors150" cable)
image.jpeg

in the wiring diagram they dont tell you where to connect it,
i have talked with qs they said that the reverse should be plug to the nagitve in order to work,
btw ty for all the help

larsb said:
Isn't the answer in the wiring diagram?
I haven't used reverse.. As written in the good book: "he who seeks, shall find" :D

They are connected to eachother through a switch.

To be honest: I am afraid that if you need help with this then i won't be able to answer you anymore. There will be a thousand more questions before you have it working and i don't have enough energy for it. Sorry.

larsb said:
They are connected to eachother through a switch.

To be honest: I am afraid that if you need help with this then i won't be able to answer you anymore. There will be a thousand more questions before you have it working and i don't have enough energy for it. Sorry.

everything is working proplery i just needed help in few things :)
https://imgur.com/a/gAx6UCb

Back