Is there a way to charge my scooter when I am on the road?

Vaporizing2019 said:
I don't live in a big city and have to drive through rural area where there is no power outlet.
Vaporizing2019,

Is this a Vespa type of scooter? If so, you should have the storage space needed. Google for: Smaller Gasoline Generators. The smallest of them should be able to charge batteries while you drive, making your scooter technically a hybrid, with unlimited range. The generator would be OFF more than ON, especially if you can recharge at each end of the trip. You could even shut down the generator, once you are within battery range of your destination. Those widgets get a lot of running hours from a liter (quart) of gasoline. A generator that produces DC could skip the AC part of the charging process, and charge the batteries directly. I'd still want to monitor the battery balance somehow, though.

Ideally I would like to see a fuel cell do the same job, running only when needed to extend the range, and maybe running on CNG or hydrogen, but those widgets are still kinda pricey.

You could find a 750-800W generator along with a charger that does not need more then 6.5A input. The Meanwell's are good quality, perhaps pick up a 48V unit version if thats what your battery is. You could place the MW's in series to obtain a higher voltage.

Otherwise you have to start hunting for power outlets and make note of them so you can charge up when you need to. Maybe make a Google Maps account and mark the locales. Gas Stations are good, Coffee shops in strip malls, parking lots with heater block outlets at each stall, behind many buildings are outlets, churches, schools, restaurants, country stores, country churches, mills along the train tracks, weigh stations, highway rest stops with washrooms. Anywhere and everywhere, just start to look for the outlets.

Vaporizing2019 said:
I don't live in a big city and have to drive through rural area where there is no power outlet. :(
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=range+extend*&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=generator*+range&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Vaporizing2019 said:
I don't live in a big city and have to drive through rural area where there is no power outlet. :(
You sure about that? I have found outlets in very unusual places.

Back