Sevcon Replacement and Programming (Help)

MrMarcos

1 µW
Hi all, very new member here.

I've been working on hybrid EV's for about 2 years now and by Hybrid I mean Electric/Human. My employer owns 14 "Party Bikes" and I do my best to maintain them. Some of the bikes are starting to age, I had to replace a Curtis control unit last week. The programming for the unit was fairly straightforward. I have a handheld and sat down with the manual for a while. The machine works great and I was able to change some parameters to work better for us as a result.

This week however is different, I had sent out for a "new" Sevcon Gen4 unit for a different machine and didn't think it would be so much more challenging to program. I am willing to buy the Can adapter and programming software but may need a bit of guidance. I am also willing to pay a consultation fee for the effort. I guess my main question is whether I can "tease" the old parameters from the original unit and either transpose them or even upload a whole file to the new controller. The old controller works but seems to shut off under load intermittently. All wiring, contactors, switches etc had been replaced or checked and POT voltage confirmed.

Thanks in advance, any insight is welcome. I'm sure I left out some information that might help..

btw, I could not figure out if soliciting help was against the rules, I don't wish to offend if so.

If the old controller is identical to the new one, then AFAIK (Based on implications of several threads around ES) you can download a DVT file from the old one, and upload it to the new one, to set it the same way.

I don't know if there is anything special you have to do to accomplish this, or to ensure you get *all* the settings.

To download and transpose this file: Would it require the software as that appears to be a GUI or could I possibly search a file structure? I have a can-usb adapter but not the Ixxat. I may try connecting to see if there is any interface. I've written to Sevcon, any one else have some insight?

Thanks

Back