cheap unicycles (motor specs) kv ratings?

jimmyhackers

10 kW
i have bought another "broken" electric unicycle. still works fine and was a steal at 40 quid

this one is a bluefin 300w 48v with a 2ah battery. it looks all but the same as the other one i bought and turned into a mini moto dirt bike, except that one ran on a 16s 67.2v 2ah battery and had a logo on the motor saying chinease text and xinaoma underneath.

size, shape and weight is identical

is it likely these are the same kv rated motor?

Run them both at full throttle on the same controller and battery, and measure the RPM. If it's the same, they are the same kV.

These come in handy....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Handheld-Digital-Laser-Tachometer-RPM-Test-Engine-Motor-Speed-Gauge-A2/142825975612?hash=item2141176f3c:g:npkAAOSwSK1bGhvb

yeah i was gonna grab one of those.....not sure if i cba anymore, id only use it for this then put it in a draw.

im sure i have a timing gun for combustion engines somewhere, does anyone know could i use one of those to the same effect?

i took the second unicycle apart.....despite the sticker on the unicycle saying 48v, the battery is actually a 16s 67.2v battery :s.

i am guessing they are most probably the same motor......and im best of saving the tenner on that device for something else.

thanks for the help

jim

Back