Looking for a 72v 60ah battery

NickRR6

1 µW
Hi, I’m rather new to this. I’m converting an old 1972 Honda CB400T. I’ve found a kit that seems appropriate for what I want:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32881656316.html?src=ibdm_d03p0558e02r02&sk=&aff_platform=&aff_trace_key=&af=&cv=&cn=&dp=

That kit has everything I’ll need to get it going (as far as im concerned) besides the battery. So Im looking for a 72V 60ah battery. Where would I be able to get one? I live in Canada (Toronto).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would recommend getting a custom pack made up by UnitPackPower. They are a China based pack building company but they use high quality cells. You will have to wait a few months for the pack but it is probably the cheapest way to go. You might also consider going with two 30 AH packs as that would be a more manageable size, and if one fails, you can still limp home on the other.

eTrike said:
Automotive cells for a chassis that size?
Yup they are the best. Much better than a cylindrical cell pack.

Ellectrico said:
I can build you one out of 18650 cells, what are your measurement specifications?

I can build one out of much higher quality cells, new, with much more power and longevity

Probably for less $.

Yeah what size do you need?
I have powered 273 motors before. Yup. I am also shipping a 50Ah 72v 800A battery to Canada.. very soon. I have shipped to CA before hazmat.

Shipping (legally) is the expensive part.

Customs will be 200$ range. Hazmat fees in the 150$ range. So expect 350$ extra for a built battery to enter teh country ( CA) legally.. about 40 lbs, one foot square.

Ellectrico said:
I can build one out of much higher quality cells, new, with much more power and longevity

DogDipstick said:

Probably for less $.

ok, since we're gonna talk over each other's offers like that, I guarantee that I will charge less money than Dipstick for the same capacity and voltage. Don't know the cells he's gonna use but I can match the specifications of the battery you need and the overall cost will be at least 20% cheaper that Dipstick's.

Ellectrico said:
Ellectrico said:

DogDipstick said:

Probably for less $.

ok, since we're gonna talk over each other's offers like that, I guarantee that I will charge less money than Dipstick for the same capacity and voltage. Don't know the cells he's gonna use but I can match the specifications of the battery you need and the overall cost will be at least 20% cheaper that Dipstick's.
Hey Im a builder.. do 2-3 custom packs a year for the right buyers. Quality over quantity. Nothing personal, just want out forum users to have the best of options. Hey make your sale. Just offering. I been here offering builds and cells to people ( not in your quantity, I must admit, electrico.. but with alot of quality over quantity ) for a few years now. Nothing abnormal or out of place, personal. You are not the first offering the goods here.

yea itsthat expensive to go through customs in Canada. That is the real cost when shipping tween the states and CA. I have found. Ship costs as much as the battery if you are not careful.

25Ah cell, brand new, LGp2.7B, 800A contin, >2000A peak, housing CNC cut, 600A peak BMS, 1.9kWh, nominal, 45 lbs, 1.8 foot by 1 foot by 0.5 foot, ( new, unused, 8 year warranty) cells. Built, shipped, with BMS, 1500$. Built by an engineering company ( with the inc you can use to sue us if something goes wrong), and an engineering company sticker on the side. Under the oversight of a real, licensed, practicing engineering company... Certified to sell ( engineered products) in the USA. New, unused, cells.

Or I could build a much less powerful one for about 50$ a kWh, 300A contin, >2000A peak, no BMS, a lesser cell, like the P1, P1.5, or P1.7... LGX Lipo LMO-NCO. That would be 300$... That 1.8kWh. Built, shipping extra . Used cells.

Must ship hazmat.

Back