Variable regen brake lever

It seems radically easier to use a throttle for that job.

I vaguely recall seeing something a while back, but honestly cannot recall details now.

That being said...I've made my own in the past. Used to have an Adaptto controller on my Fighter that would accept a variable voltage input for regen. So I bought some variable voltage hall sensors, stuck them to my brakes and put magnets on the levers. It took a bit of finesse but eventually I was able to tune it so that there was no perceivable point at which it went from regen to physical brakes.
I loved it and do miss it (I sold that bike about a year ago) and wish my other bikes that have regen also had it.

That being said, what I do instead now is using the CA V3 I program in a ramp up rate for regen and use levers with switches, then set the regen to a moderate level. Seems to be good enough and still captures a decent amount of energy and makes brake pads last plenty long.

Cheers

Would be nice to have a hydraulic pressure sensor that would plumb straight into hydraulic brake lines. Bleeding and displacement shouldn't be an issue, many car brake light switches are done that way but it would probably need a very non-linear output curve and syncing the point where regen maxes out and pads take over could be tricky.

by stan.distortion » Sep 12 2021 8:30am

Would be nice to have a hydraulic pressure sensor that would plumb straight into hydraulic brake lines. Bleeding and displacement shouldn't be an issue, many car brake light switches are done that way but it would probably need a very non-linear output curve and syncing the point where regen maxes out and pads take over could be tricky.

like a brake light switch?

ZeroEm said:
like a brake light switch?
Similar, variable rather than switched. Levers with built in load cells would be another option and also work for cables but neither option would be cheap and levers are a vulnerable part.

Hall sensored ADC brake handles from e-scooters are avalable from Ali for like 10$

Back