Need buttons for Bafang C965 Display

I have the Bafang C965 Display with these buttons: https://imgur.com/a/bOIJ0iq They are up, down, left, right and power. The up and down do not work, so I cannot change the pedal assist. The other buttons are working normally.

I am in Portugal, but returning to the US for the holidays in December, so if anyone would like to sell me just the buttons, I think the display is working fine, it records my mileage, shows that my headlight is on, etc. The buttons (which I don't know the proper name for) have a standard cable that connects to the display.

If you want to sell me the whole thing, display and buttons, I might buy that if it is my only choice. Right now I use the throttle but the Pedal assist is my preferred way to control speed and contribute power.

I might open it up, but I'm worried about breaking it and not having any replacement parts.

Thanks

Does this button unit just plug into the rest of the system, using one of those "higo" waterproof connectors?

If so, try unplugging and replugging it, pushing it *firmly* and completely together (with any arrows lined up). Some of them are a little difficult to get snugly plugged in, and most pins make contact but one or two not quite, so one function or another then doesn't work or is intermittent.

It could also be a broken wire, either at the point the cable goes into the housing of either end, or at the point the cable goes into the connector hood; both are stress points.

Yes the buttons do just plug in with that nice connector. I did pull them apart and plug them back in, and I'll try it again. Thanks for your suggestions.

I still hope to replace that module when I'm in the US this month

Although I did unplug and plug back in the connector to the buttons and it did not fix the issue, What did work is I unplugged one of the other display connectors, maybe the one to the battery, and plugged it back in, and then my buttons worked again. I was unplugging the display to check the connectors and make sure the new display I was going to purchase would work. So thank you
amberwolf for the idea.

Back