Hub Motor

Hello ,
i'm an ECE student i have a powertrain task where i need to find a 4kw hub wheel motor 17'' or 16'' with max rpm of 800 that operate at nominal voltage of 48V
i have been looking everywhere literally ,i have found couple of motors that meet my needs but also i need to see its dynamic performance on 48 voltage where i can clearly see for each current how many rpm i get receive with torque.
couple of manufactures does answer me but with 72v dynamic test , couple of them also ignore me since im just a student who would never buy 100 piece.
can someone provide me any dynamic test performance on a 48v hub wheel motor 17'' or 16'' with 4kw power and 800 rpm

If 48v and 800rpm is hard to find the kv for, you will have to wind your own motor otherwise look for the mxus and qs 45h, 50h and 55h motors.
Maybe you could use a dc-dc converter to up the voltage of 48v to get your desired kv, but I doubt you, your project or your teacher will want dc-dc.

You will be hard pressed to get any documentation from the majority of sellers or from the motors factory (mxus), you have some major hurdles like language. People have tried to get official documentation and they receive it but its not the real deal or even related to what they got.

Maybe you can get extra credits for rewinding your own motor, unless its a cookie cutter course and the teacher has no clue to guide you most of the way there.

I missed the last part, each motor is different with different magnets and strengths and magnet gaps and steel backing and motor size, pole counts and so on. The closest you could come to is the motor sim with its 30 or so motors listed, that you can vary its kv, wheel size, preselect batteries or input your own battery but I will leave the link out in this post because I am sure you already know about that.

calab said:
If 48v and 800rpm is hard to find the kv for, you will have to wind your own motor otherwise look for the mxus and qs 45h, 50h and 55h motors.
Maybe you could use a dc-dc converter to up the voltage of 48v to get your desired kv, but I doubt you, your project or your teacher will want dc-dc.

You will be hard pressed to get any documentation from the majority of sellers or from the motors factory (mxus), you have some major hurdles like language. People have tried to get official documentation and they receive it but its not the real deal or even related to what they got.

Maybe you can get extra credits for rewinding your own motor, unless its a cookie cutter course and the teacher has no clue to guide you most of the way there.

I missed the last part, each motor is different with different magnets and strengths and magnet gaps and steel backing and motor size, pole counts and so on. The closest you could come to is the motor sim with its 30 or so motors listed, that you can vary its kv, wheel size, preselect batteries or input your own battery but I will leave the link out in this post because I am sure you already know about that.
Hi Calab,
sorry i didnt get what you mean by rewinding?
also i tried contacting mxus support and qs aswell they either answer me with 72v dynamic tests or just ignore

since the makers of motors rarely have *any* dynamometer data, and those that do usually only have it for "high power" (motorcycle and higher) setups, then if you really need the dynamometer tests under specific conditions, you'll have to buy, rent, or build and calibrate yourself a dynamometer, and then get and setup the motor, controller, etc., for the conditions you want.

if you can't find a motor that has the rpm you want at the voltage you want you'll either have to custom-order one (qsmotors, leafbike motors, mxus, etc) or buy one that can handle the rest of what you want it to do, and rewind it for the kv (rpm/volt) you are after. rewinding means cutting off all the copper windings from the stator inside the motor, and using new motor winding wire to put new windings on it in the pattern and number of turns, etc., that will do what you want it to do. you'll need to learn how that works before you can do it. https://www.google.com/search?q=rewinding+a+hubmotor

some information not provided by manufacturers you may be able to get using the http://ebikes.ca/tools/simulator.html, as a guesstimate if they dont' have actual simulation test data for the specific motor you need to use.

amberwolf said:
since the makers of motors rarely have *any* dynamometer data, and those that do usually only have it for "high power" (motorcycle and higher) setups, then if you really need the dynamometer tests under specific conditions, you'll have to buy, rent, or build and calibrate yourself a dynamometer, and then get and setup the motor, controller, etc., for the conditions you want.

if you can't find a motor that has the rpm you want at the voltage you want you'll either have to custom-order one (qsmotors, leafbike motors, mxus, etc) or buy one that can handle the rest of what you want it to do, and rewind it for the kv (rpm/volt) you are after. rewinding means cutting off all the copper windings from the stator inside the motor, and using new motor winding wire to put new windings on it in the pattern and number of turns, etc., that will do what you want it to do. you'll need to learn how that works before you can do it. https://www.google.com/search?q=rewinding+a+hubmotor

some information not provided by manufacturers you may be able to get using the http://ebikes.ca/tools/simulator.html, as a guesstimate if they dont' have actual simulation test data for the specific motor you need to use.

Hello ,
thanks for replying .
actually no i wont be able to rewind as all what i need is just bunch of numbers for simulation,
thanks for the simulation link
ik its hard for to find such data , im just asking if anyone has old data that would help me for simulation

amberwolf said:

can you also provide me more name for manufactures companies ?

Back