sine wave controller with display

lifepo4ever42

100 mW
hi, everyone , I already build a bike with a cheap kit but the controller is square wave with cheap mosfet and its not efficient.
when I use to much power it drain my battery to fast and also my battery is suffering a lot and am searching for a 72-100v /100-150A kelly sine wave controller with plug and play display or something similar , will be great to buy a kit with the switch thanks

lifepo4ever42 said:
hi, everyone , I already build a bike with a cheap kit but the controller is square wave with cheap mosfet and its not efficient.
when I use to much power it drain my battery to fast and also my battery is suffering a lot and am searching for a 72-100v /100-150A kelly sine wave controller with plug and play display or something similar , will be great to buy a kit with the switch thanks
The sinewave controller will make no notable difference to the battery drain. It will make the system quieter, and depending on the difference in operation design between the one you have and the new one it might have finer control over the motor torque (if what you get is an FOC controller with "torque" throttle control and what you have now uses the typical "speed" throttle control).

To decrease battery drain, you must either hold yourself back from riding as hard or as fast, or use a less powerful controller with a lower current limit, or both.

What specific battery do you have? If possible, a link to the sale page for it would help us help you find a controller that will work better with it.

It would also help if you state your specific riding conditions and needs and style, such as the speed you must go and the range you must have at that speed, and the terrain (hills, etc) you must ride thru, and any winds you typically have to ride against, along with the weight of you and the bike (it matters for hills and acceleration), and whether you like to slowly accellerate up to speed or ram on the throttle and get there quickly, and whether you ride continuously at one speed or have to keep stopping and starting like in traffic.

All those things matter to your power usage, and thus to how fast your battery will drain.

[/quote]

ok thanks i will keep my controller for now but still hate the vibration from the hub motor

Motor vibration can be caused by problems (like miswiring of phase/hall combination, etc), as well as mechanical issues.

If by vibration you simply mean the buzzing sound that squarewave (trap) controllers tend to cause motors to make, especially under higher loads, the sinewave or FOC controller types would be quieter.

I already upgrade everything , the phase wires to 10 gauge, added some solder to beef up trace of the circuit board, shunt mod,
at first I tough it was the hall but the voltage was ok on each sensor ,

Back