FS: Tesla Small (~250 - 300hp) Induction Drive Units - Hacked and ready for easy custom EV conversions

okashira

10 kW
Hi guys,

I have a few Tesla Drive Units that I need to sell. They are both front and rear induction drive units from ~2016 MY vehicles. They're all the ~250-300hp version.

I have hacked them and will offer them "ready-to-run," along with a basic wiring harness and supporting components (main contactor, precharge circuit, etc.)

They are hacked using Johannes Huebner's controller design with the newest firmware. The PCB was designed by Damien.

The boards are soldered myself from blank PCB's as well as flashed with the newest firmware. Wifi access is working for configuration and monitoring.

I've been holding onto these units for about a year but now need to sell them for some cash for new projects.

Huebner's motor control design has the following features:

-It just works. Sine / Slip control for smooth performance.
-Main contactor drive and precharge control.
-Basic configurable interface for universal BMS support.
-Easily programmable CAN interface where CAN parameters can be sent or received via simple configuration using the web interface
-programmable PWM drive to drive a tachometer, motor temp gauge or anything you can think of.
-Wifi interface
-RS232 interface

My goal is to make it as easy as possible for someone to integrate this into their custom project - for those who may be a little daunted by wiring or hacking their own drive unit, but don't want to go the full-on (and expensive) custom shop build.

The only thing you need to add to make the motor run is a high voltage battery and a throttle. Just hook it up and it will run. Many OEM throttles can be made to work without modification.
A BMS is obviously highly recommended but not an absolute requirement.

I have both front and rear drive units. They are identical in terms of performance. They only differ in their mounting arrangement.

For the basic package, the following things will be included:
-Motor/Inverter
-Basic wiring harness to interface with the inverter to supporting components
-Main contactor
-Precharge relay and precharge resistor
~6 hours of phone (or in-person if your PNW) support to help with your custom project
-30 day warranty

I have extensive experience withcustom EV conversions, components design, hacking drive units and multidisciplinary engineering design.

It's a no-brainer to go with one of these hacked Tesla drive units over an HPEV's setup. The performance and efficiency advantage is huge.

I'm asking $4,500 each per package. Shipping is possible @ ~$300-$500.

Reply here or email me at sales@edisonmotors.net

20210711_182325.jpg
IMG_20171115_153923.jpg
20210621_195348.jpg
20210621_195525.jpg
20210621_214242.jpg

I'm interested but I have 2 questions...

Will it be able to handle a 48v 14s LiPo battery pack?
Can I attach it to my stand-up electric scooter for kids??

probably_autistic_08 said:
I'm interested but I have 2 questions...

Will it be able to handle a 48v 14s LiPo battery pack?
Can I attach it to my stand-up electric scooter for kids??

1. Yes
2. No

I made a video demo-ing a setup for one of the drive units:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKiMBfrGqYQ

I still have both a front and rear unit available. Any questions, ask away!

Back