Electric MTB For Sale UK

Shedster

1 mW
Okay, I’m thinking of selling my MTB. I put it together for doing all the tracks and paths around here, but I liked electric power so much, I went and built myself a full electric trials bike, so I’m no longer using this, and it’s a shame to see it stood.

I don’t know much about MTBs, but I got it from a serious mountain biker, so it’s been looked after and is really top quality spec all round as follows:

Mongoose Teocali, with really good Epicon air forks and Epicon air rear shock, Elixir 3 hydraulic brakes (380mm front disc), SRAM NX 11 speed rear gears, WTB Speedisc wheels and good The Captain Sport tyres. Then I fitted a BBS02, and a high quality 48v 17.5ah battery with genuine Samsung 35E cells and a 35amp BMS. Oh and a new high quality SRAM PC chain at the same time.

Other mods include a specially made offset chainring, so the chain alignment isn’t ridiculous in the lower gears, and a conversion to twistgrip throttle activiation. I fitted the QD rear mudguard to keep all the crap off when it’s muddy, it’s taken off now for the photos but I’ll throw it in with the deal.

Oh and I manufactured a really nice special bracket to hold the motor, as I didn’t like the idea of just tightening up the nut on the bottom bracket to hold it, so now it’s properly clamped to the frame to keep it all secure.

It goes really well, 47-48kph in top gear, or climbs well in the lower gears (with 11 to choose from...). I’ve only done just over a hundred miles on it (169km), not because there’s anything wrong with it at all, just because the new bike has made it superfluous.

So that’s it really, it is genuinely a really good conversion, I’ve been engineering for over fifty years, so it is well put together and sorted. I’ve got around £1500 in it, I’d like to see that back for it for all my work as well, but open to offers anyway. Cheers ;)

Oh, bike is in North West England....

Just realised I can't put photos on here, but if you are interested let me have an e-mail address to send them to please, or find me on Facebook - Odgie Danaan - and PM me. Cheers ;)

Back