UK Harvest time for LG18650 3.5ah (all gone for timebeing)

andreweb1

10 mW
Location East Midlands, UK

Got 8 (4 gone so now 4 left) surplus aluminium cased packs each with faulty BMS.

Each pack is 21Ah/705Wh and within each are 60x 3.5Ah LG INR18650MJ1

This is a difficult harvest but the cells I have taken from other similar packs are in good shape and very close to spec.

Obviously I can't post but will transport somewhere in Derbyshire/Notts at £5 a pack if you take them all.... packs are free on the basis you never charge or store them inside your house, petrol station, hay barn etc

Key things to note:
Non-working potted BMS
Dismantle or ethical disposal only
These packs are each near full charge so please take extreme care when carrying, opening and dismantling!

Are these still available?
Im based in Northampton, driving north ocassionally and could pick it up.
Please let me know if so.
Thanks

I am sorry. They all are spoken for now.

I may be able to get more if people want to register an interest. Dismantling isn't easy and as you can tell I'm fearful someone might just try sling one on charge in their kitchen and cause a fire. Met D today and passed 4 over. He talked the talk and I was comfortable he was way more competent than me.

I am finding power walling isn't easy, safe or cheap. We all see Jehu Garcia on YouTube with his successes but no-one sees the burns or melted pliers. Properly rated CBs and fuses with a wire guage capable of handling the fault currents until the protection kicks in... Probably preaching to the converted though. I do like the guy and approve of his energy and style.

If someone can think of a meet and greet type format in the Midlands to swap war stories and kit + sources let me know. I know a lot of people harvest cells but can't post them..so I might be able to come up with some sort of renewables car boot thing. The one rule could be.. bring an insulated ammo box and fire extinguisher.

Thanks for the cells Andrew.

It was good to talk to somebody in this side of the pond interested in power walls. Not sure I’m more competent than you, maybe just experienced in slightly different area.

A meet and great in the Midlands would be great. I’m up for it.

Back