EGO Motor Kranked 2400 Watt Mid Drive Setup

edamame

10 W
Hello all,

I'm the guy who did the first high voltage 72V A2B Metro a hundred years ago. I haven't posted for a while but I'm here again to sell my Kranked/EGO mid drive setup. I bought the ~2012 Santa Cruz Nomad 2 with the conversion already done and rode it for a few years. When it finally dawned on me how little I used the motor due to riding on most flat terrain here in San Antonio, TX I decided to take it off and convert the bike to a regular old bike. So that's what I did. SO, I'd like to sell the parts to allow you to convert most any bike to an EGO/Kranked setup. Kranked appears to have switched it up a little since I last visited their site but EGO in Austria is selling pretty much the same set of parts below:

https://www.ego-kits.com/shop/double-ego2400-kopie/

I was careful to keep everything together when I removed it. The crankset parts are for a threaded BB (73mm - Threaded - ISO). The bearings in the included BB and flanged crank side freewheel are perfectly good. The paint on the motor controller has flaked off somewhat and the throttle assembly is scratched up as well. They both work fine. I used XT-90S connectors under the saddle to connect to a Zippy 48V battery set in the included Ergon heavy duty backpack. I am not including batteries nor a charger in this sale though I have three of the four Zippy 5000mah packs left and would throw them in though they are aged. If I was to ride this setup again I would buy four more Zippys at around $300 shipped from Hobbyking. 48V nominal but will run on 52V.

The bike was a rock crawler with this setup. You could start at zero speed at the bottom of a big hill and just twist the throttle to ride on up. Nothing would stop it. I also clocked it at 30 mph with GPS on my phone on pavement. It does make noise as it is a gearmotor but that's why it's a torque monster, too. It can all be yours for $600. If you need any small parts for it the nice thing is that both companies still support it. I stand by these parts and will vouch for their quality. If you have any issues just let me know and I will help.

Thanks,
Jim Royston
San Antonio, TX

Attachments

• ego1.jpg
    ego1.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 387
  • ego2.jpg
    ego2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 387
  • ego3.jpg
    ego3.jpg