UK full suss fat bike with Rohloff and Tesla module and 18650's

benkels

100 mW
Hi, sadly time to sell my bike. Based on a Medium Specialized BigHit with modified rear stays and built for dune riding out near me in North Devon, UK. It uses 80 x 18650 cells, Samsung INR18650-30Q 3000mAh - 15A. If memory serves I did the pack as 4p 20s. The top box, set back from the headset, contains a Lyen controller and a BMS. Included is a Grin tech Cycle Satiator so all set up to plug and play. I got the motor from Lighting Rods is housed in solid billet aluminium. I think it's a 2.5kW sorry, I can't remember the peak, maybe 3.5? It also uses one of his Gates belt adaptors for the first reduction of the jack shaft and reduces down to a go-cart chain on the other side. I used a concentric cam thingamy to find the sweet spot of tension between the belt and the chain ...which I thought was a pretty original idea but apparently, it's been done many times before! The gears are done through a truly excellent Rohloff 14-speed hub gear. There are Manitou front shocks and some pretty trick Hope brakes with 203mm rotors (I think). Top speed while pedalling is probably around 35mph ish? Range, oof, I don't really know, I'd head out for an hour or so, I've never really emptied the tank on it.

It was a labour of love and represents the best part of 2 years worth of weekends and quite a bit of cash for components and fabrication etc, so I'm hoping to get £2500.

I'm sure they'll be a few questions. So drop me a line, I built it a while ago but hopefully, I can remember what you need to know.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ug9Gy6aabxmQe8G36
https://photos.app.goo.gl/4MF1y6Ka5ssV9aNq5

Can't figure out how to add the pics so made a link. The second link was from back when I was building it shows the jack shaft etc.

Thanks for looking, Ben

Just wanted to bump this and say that I'm open to a bit of a haggle.

I've also got a shed load (probably around 400) of reclaimed18650 cells that are capacity tested and individually labeled for anyone looking to build a powerwall. Oh and I've got Tesla module from a 75kWh model S for a leisure battery project I haven't / won't get to. 18650's for £1 each, £600 for the Tesla.

Thanks

Back