Motorino XPD - Adaptto MIDI, QSMotor V3 3KW - UPDATE: MUST GO - MAKE ANY OFFER

inedible

100 W
Pics to come. A lot of this is in storage at the moment.

Location: Okanagan, BC, Canada - Pickup only for bike frame. Willing to ship other items within Canada, though expect to pay a lot for shipping the motor.

After 8 years of faithful service I'm retiring my Motorino XPd. Here's the build thread for some of the upgrades I've performed: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=59919

I've gone through several controllers, two motors, three batteries on this thing. It's taken me on a thousand km cross-country trip, powered by a solar setup in a trailer I towed with it. It's been my ongoing project of love for almost a decade now, but after spending probably close to $10k on it I'm throwing in the towel and hopefully these parts go to someone who can give them new life.

Bike Chassis: Make offer
The frame is a 2013 Motorino XPd, a clone of a Honda Ruckus, with a lot of the parts being interchangeable. The brakes are good, the frame is a bit rusty but otherwise good. The lights have been mostly all upgraded to LED, but some of the diffusers are broken/missing. The turn signal blinker is sketchy. It has a custom welded battery box designed to hold 10x Nissan Leaf battery modules. (not for sale). Lots of parts have been replaced over the years. New seat, new handlebars, etc, but it's in somewhat rough shape right now, with missing floorboards and broken taillight etc.

Controller: Adaptto MIDI-E controller, plus additional broken MIDI-E. - $500
The controller is a MIDI-E that's been upgraded with custom extruded aluminum heatsinks, installed with Tech Ingredients thermal adhesive. It's running password-protected firmware (up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-enter to unlock boost mode), and it's currently tuned for my QSMotor V3. Still running the locked firmware, never been unlocked/overclocked.
Included is at least one 40A charging coil, with a spare if I can find it, one working BMS with 20 channels, two displays, one of them has a line in the LCD, and the other the buttons aren't working, however I have fabricated a remote circuit board with buttons that I've fitted onto the handlebars so the controller can be operated with my thumb.
A second, broken controller is included. It powers on and seems to work until you pull the throttle and the motor goes ka-chunk ka-chunk. It's missing one phase. According to the russian board this can be fixed by replacing a single transistor, though you should probably replace all the FETs on the phase, which is like $10 in parts. However, thermal adhesive has been used on this controller, and the screws will probably need to be drilled to open it.

Motor: QSMotor v3 10inch 3000W 205 50H with at least two broken hall sensors. Price TBD
The motor is a 3KW QSMotor v3 with 10" diameter. Mounted with a Heidenau K66 silica-infused all season M+S tire: https://www.heidenautires.com/product/k-66-2/
This motor has two sets of hall sensors, but I'm not sure which are working, so I'll need to test these and update this post to determine whether there's a working set. I've run this motor as high as 10kW, but the temperature has never exceeded 100C. The seams of the motor have been sealed with silicone, and GrinTech Statorade ferrofluid has been added.

Charger: Eletec Flatpack2 48V/3000W HE Power Supply - $100
The charger is capable of 3kw when given 240v AC, though I've only ever run it on 110. Works fine. Board has been sprayed with conformal coating to prevent moisture damage.

I'm willing to sell the whole lot for $1000. Includes motorcycle ramp for loading into trucks, lock and chain, maybe the rain cover if I can find it. Couple helmets if you want them.

I'll be updating this post with pictures, possibly more parts, etc over the next week or so.

Update: My living situation has recently changed and I won't be able to part this out. The bike is being stored in the Okanagan area of BC, but I'm on the island, so this will have to go all as a lot.

What's included:
* Motorino XPD frame - All wiring, throttle, signals, lights work. A little surface rust, needs paint job.
* QSMotor V3 3KW - two hall sensors are probably broken.
* Adaptto MIDI-E - Works, probably missing charging coil.

If I can describe things to the person who has access to the bike I can probably tell her where to find:

Possibly included:
* Spare broken MIDI-E
* BMS
* Charge coils
* FlatPak 3kw 48V power supply / charger
* Helmets
* Ramp for loading into trucks
* All sorts of extra spare parts including hall effect sensors.

I AM WILLING TO CONSIDER ANY OFFER AT ALL.

MUST PICK UP AROUND SUMMERLAND AREA. NO DELIVERY!

It is still available.

Edit: I have some pics:
316796786_3066343257003328_8956517839127227822_n.jpg
Here's the bike, as you can see it's missing floorboards. They're like $150 from motorino for the original part, but I always meant to fabricate something better since I ended up replacing them more than once. The handlebars are not broken, I just loosened the bolts for transport.

317266416_821230702441224_5968994756374736395_n.jpg
Here's the BMS.

317292037_867694837698153_9134528746227164041_n.jpg
And here's the 12V converter, the broken MIDI-E, and the FlatPak2 charger. The red power supply in the top right is not included.

Back