21kWh / 251 EIG cells in ~3kWh banks

Selling 21kWh of EIG cells setup in ~3kWh banks. 251 cells in total. Cells are in good working condition. Current setup is 76v, includes the bus bars and extras as shown.

Would prefer to sell the whole lot to a single buyer but will sell 35 or 36 cells together.

Will ship anywhere in the US at the expense of the buyer.

$300 for 35-36 cells + shipping
$1900 for all 251 cells + shipping

1i5TPNN.jpg

7mafsdY.jpg

eUEYiCf.jpg

4bgcIrd.jpg

cCSzEfK.jpg

Hi MrMagic!

Your system looks really nice :O. I have been tempted to switch my Honda Insight over to A123 packs as the 50s Headway pack is dying and I don't feel super comfortable with most other lithium chemistries...this is a little interesting though.

Is 35 cells the "base unit" of what is a feasible amount to cut apart the pack? So if I wanted 42 cells, I would need to get 70 cells? That is reasonable, I am just checking. I can probably find a use for the other cells amount friends.

What do you define as "cells are in good condition"? Do you have any information about remaining Ah? Or previous life conditions?

I had some trouble being certain I found the right datasheet- is this correct: http://www.ebaracus.com/sites/default/files/2012/12/EIG-ePLB-C020-Datasheet.pdf ? It seems to list 10C bursts, 5C continuous.

That is the datasheet.

These are the same kind of cells I use on my SB Cruiser trike (14s2p traction, 4s1p lighting) and CrazyBike2 bike (14s1p traction, 4s1p lighting).

If you search my posts for "EIG" you'll find various threads I've posted in discussing them.

FWIW, it looks like with those busbars you can very easily build any size pack you want in 2p sections. You could make busbars (like bigbluesaw watercut?) for any other number of parallel cells, or use ring terminals crimped to wire to connect them.

The cells stack and bolt together thru the mounting cases very easily. (metal plate on the bottom screws into bottom of each case, and long bolts thru top corners clamp whole pack together).

That is...so appealing....I am tired of the "connection problem" I have with various DIY packs :).

If I can get a better sense of the remaining lifespan and previous condition of these cells I think I would be interested in a decent number. :) Would take a couple days to confirm all information.

Yeah, the connection method...it's just eeeeeaassssyyyy. :)

(just don't drop your allen wrench across the busbars! :lol: :oops: )

That and the easy-to-package cell format...If I had money and they were local (battery shipping is a PITA) I'd buy these as spares (though I have plenty for now, it doesn't hurt to have spare packs), or to use as a solar storage system (if I ever get any panels).

What are the voltage sag limits you're after under load?

BTW, you could use the A123 pouch cells the same way, but first you have to weld brass (I think) tabs to teh cell tabs like the EIGs have, they're "folded" at 90 degrees just before the holes for the screws.

You could also 3D print frames like those the EIGs use, but sized for the A123 pouches.

But the only source I know of for A123 cells that I'd trust is the manufacturer, and they're expensive (and dont' come with any mounting or connecting hardware).

pm sent

Was shipping always an option? I may be misremembering this.

Mrmagics did you have a way of shipping a bank to the east coast? And do you know roughly how much that costs? For all [unlikely] or 1-3 banks [more realistic.]?

If it helps, one pack of 14s2p uncontained weighs about 35lbs with similar connection hardware. 14s1p in a 50cal ammocan weighs about 20lbs.

Would you be willing to ship 3 kWh pack to Bangalore ,india ?? Also how can I recharge this pack ?? With optional fast charge if possible..

I actually designed a selection of termination kits for the EIG cells, including 2p, 3p and 4p. They have been sold, but I have the PCB files here if anybody is interested.

Do you have any more left? I'm interested in a few.

b uen dia muchachos saben donde puedo conseguir de estas baterias ya que en eig no contestan

mrmagicfeats said:
Selling 21kWh of EIG cells setup in ~3kWh banks. 251 cells in total. Cells are in good working condition. Current setup is 76v, includes the bus bars and extras as shown.

Would prefer to sell the whole lot to a single buyer but will sell 35 or 36 cells together.

Will ship anywhere in the US at the expense of the buyer.

$300 for 35-36 cells + shipping
$1900 for all 251 cells + shipping

1i5TPNN.jpg

7mafsdY.jpg

eUEYiCf.jpg

4bgcIrd.jpg

cCSzEfK.jpg

donde se pueden conseguir o te quedan

Crazy to see: it is exactly the battery that I have been using since 7 Years- A 2011 XU Zero Motorcycle.
Normally there is a BMS on top of it. That is gone here.
I guess all of these boys are already sold. If not I buy one straight away.

Lucas

No he probably still has them he just wanted local pickup you wouldn't ship them from Santa Cruz to Dana Point so that's why I gave up impersonal cells are puffed.

Interested in these cells still.

Anyone found a source for these in the USA?

Back