A123 Chevy Spark modules

GreenTecAuto

100 mW
Is there any interest in modules like these?
I may have an option to get many more, but 26S3P.
Price around $1000USD plus shipping. Continental USA only, freight forwarder option available at your own expense.
They would be modules never used in any vehicle before, will try to provide serial numbers of modules if that helps.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222714214708

2014 Chevy Spark battery module. 1 of 4 in the pack. No BMS attached.
Made by A123. NOT AFFECTED LIKE FISKER KARMA!! Different production line that did not have problems.
All cells in module balanced. Reading between 3.295V - 3.296V.
3P28S
Positive and negative terminals on opposite ends of the battery. Seen in one picture, 2 Torx screws in it.
3 Month warranty.
Nano phosphate Battery technology.
Very different from regular batteries. Please do some research about these batteries before buying. Specifically the charge and discharge characteristics as well as voltage limits.

Battery Specs
Rated Capacity: 58.8Ah
Rated Energy: 5.43kWh
Max Voltage: 102.2V
Rated Voltage: 92.4V
Min Voltage: 78.4V

Cell Voltage range
Max Voltage: 3.65V
Nominal Voltage: 3.2V
Min Voltage: 2.8V

Module weight: 105lb
Module Size:
Length: 28.5 inches
Width: 6.5 inches
Height: 9.75 inches
Size does not count mounting ears. Ears stick out 2 inches on one module, and 1 inch up on a second module.
2 modules have ears sticking out the side or top, other two do not. Let me know if you need it without mounting ears, otherwise you will receive one with ears.

Not exactly what you are looking for? Take a look at some of my other listings! I have many options available, including: Nissan Leaf, Chevy Volt, Chevy Spark, Fiat 500e, Ford C-max Energi and Hybrid, Ford Focus EV, Kia Optima, BMW i3 and i8, Tesla, and many more! Take a look at my store.

Products sold by Greentec Auto include batteries. As such, products are inherently associated with activities which could lead to death or serious injury. By purchasing a product offered, sold, or made available through this website, the buyer explicitly releases Greentec Auto and its business partners from all liability and waives all legal rights whatsoever related to use of the product. This shall be the case no matter how or where the item was used.

By purchasing a product from Greentec Auto ebay store, buyer agrees to:

Assume ANY and ALL RISKS of INJURY OR DEATH resulting from use of the product,

WAIVE, RELEASE, and NOT SUE, MAKE ANY CLAIMS OR FILE ANY ACTIONS against Greentec Auto, or any other owner or operator of businesses offering products through this website, or any one of the aforementioned entities and each of their insurance carriers, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, members, representatives, assignees, employees, volunteers and agents, as well as any manufacturers and distributors (hereinafter the “Indemnified Parties” collectively, the “Indemnified Party” individually) that are based on, arise or result from, in whole or in part, use of the product, and

INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES HARMLESS, from any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, losses or liabilities whatsoever arising from or related to participation in any activity and any loss, damage or injury, including death, that may be sustained by buyer or assignee, or caused to others or their property by buyer or assignee. Buyer also agrees to pay all costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and disbursements, incurred by any Indemnified Party in defending an investigation, claim or suit brought by or on behalf of Buyer or assignee.

Attachments

• spark 1.jpg
    spark 1.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 1,283
What are the physical dimensions of one cell?

I see that it is 26S, does it look like it would be difficult to split the pack into two 13S / 48V packs?

Super difficult. Tabs cells are laser welded and glued as 1 big pack. Best thing u can do is cut the tabs on top and rivit to them....but very sketchy...

I have taken these apart down to individual cells.... Very difficult to disassemble and next to impossible to re attach

Im afraid I have never tore this down to the cells. As described by Eric, it is laser welded and built like a brick.
The 4 modules I have at the moment are 28s, and they are in Kansas City. Not terribly far if you wanted to see them for yourself.
The 26s modules are something I might get my hands on.

Back