Electronics enclosures

Everyone uses lipo packs underneath the board from what I've seen.

I think battery packs with a wire to your pack would be kind of dangerous since there are times I jump off or want to get off without anything attached to myself.

I do swap packs occasionally but it's much less since switching to 12S 5ah.

1r6NRfX.png

Here are packs in sets which I velcro together and have velcro on the bottom which are secure on the board. I then wrap them in these 7"/8"/9" soft tablet cases. Fits perfectly. Wires are wrapped around the sides and separate from each other to prevent any shorted connection within my backpack.

I usually grab 1 or 3 packs depending on the Wh/Power I need. I also added those green/red battery slider things on hobbyking to know if a pack is full charge and/or no charge.

I'm using torqueboards KIT which comes with the enclosure, which i stick with double-lock of 3M to the deck.

Attachments

• IMG_20150404_194425.jpg
    IMG_20150404_194425.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 1,310
Does anybody have troubles with the components over heating with it all sealed up in the box? There would be minimal heat transfer out with it sealed up watertight, so wondering if this is causing other problems?

Dauntless said:
torqueboards said:
PracticalProjects made an awesome DIY enclosure - Should look at that one.

Where do we find that?

Hello,
There should be a link below this to my website which has a few pictures of the enclosure. Let me know if you have any questions

How about using a vacuum former and make your own enclosures?
2mm polystyrene sheet or kydex?
Bond an aluminium sheet to it as a skid plate.
Its a bit of work and research but you'll end up with a custom box to your dimensions.
YouTube it.

bugboy1641 said:
How about using a vacuum former and make your own enclosures?
2mm polystyrene sheet or kydex?
Bond an aluminium sheet to it as a skid plate.
Its a bit of work and research but you'll end up with a custom box to your dimensions.
YouTube it.

I've had a couple of successful tries at vacuforming. Give it a shot. (Check my builds for some pictures)

Back