ELTEK Flatpack2 48/2000 (eaton alternative)

Well is a Brazilian eBay equivalent: (Fonte Modulo Eltek Flatpack2 Retificador 48v 3000w 56a
http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-650663842-fonte-modulo-eltek-flatpack2-retificador-48v-3000w-56a-_JM)

Just arrived at home. It is unexpectedly small, but solid as a brick (beer for scale):

FCXh1hW.jpg
gqSFUPC.jpg
LZWPEvs.jpg
S2vlmuw.jpg
BQ3A9S2.jpg
x9oKmfP.jpg
fiuk8SI.jpg

The curious thing is that the right fan in the panel is fake.

I smashed and soldered female spade connectors, they fit perfectly on both AC input and DC output. The male spade connector is too thin.

This must have lots of capacitors, the fan kept running for 30 seconds after unplugged.

ewinters said:
Well is a Brazilian eBay equivalent: (Fonte Modulo Eltek Flatpack2 Retificador 48v 3000w 56a
Nice, be pricey for shipping for me though.
You going to mod it?
Is the daughter card inside, similar to the Flatpack 2000W

I'll charge through an adaptto controller, so no mods required. :)

I took some pictures from the inside so the people that can read chips may tell. Is all the same for me.

Blglagt.jpg
gAJ1S0v.jpg
ArTjlQB.jpg
bJUDzyc.jpg

ewinters said:
I'll charge through an adaptto controller, so no mods required. :)
That's good to know. I need 88V from two series.
ewinters said:
I took some pictures from the inside so the people that can read chips may tell. Is all the same for me.
There appears to be some differences straight off and looks like several years difference in age, to the modded unit shown.
Thanks makes me think twice about modding without a good going over one.

I thought it would be similar to the MeanWell power supply with voltage and current mod.
This one is not to use as bulk charger and must be used with other controller. Good/bad thing is that I didn't win the bid on an ebay one. :mrgreen:

I read somewhere here that you could connect in series with a charger, that way the amps will be limited by the charger (voltage will be increased though).

ewinters said:
My solution for the connectors, epoxy and insulating tape, a DIY classic. It is only touching the back panel, so it can be removed.

6ZSfCXC.jpg

I did similar, but I insulated the metal casing with electrical tape first. Haven't used it yet, still waiting on the last few pieces for my build.

ewinters said:
I read somewhere here that you could connect in series with a charger, that way the amps will be limited by the charger (voltage will be increased though).
So can you put a different supply is series, say a 24V variable output bulk power supply and vary say from 20-30V, to give 57.5+(20-30) V 77.5 - 87.5V, charging 22 - 24S lifepo, or 19 - 21 lipo.
Do the chargers need to be about the same current or power ratings, being on series?

eTrike said:
You will be limited by the current of the weakest supply.
Sweet, Thanks.

how did you guys get a solid contact when attaching the cabling, solder?
its really poky in there and difficult to dismantle the contact housing without destroying it.

check in to the club of eltek lovers ^^

i did it in this way....

this connector with heatshrink because the upper pins are for CAN. So it works safe only using the downside pins.

2016-06-25%2012.49.19.jpg

2016-06-25%2012.49.26.jpg

2016-06-25%2012.49.41.jpg

it was a bit losen so some solder on it -> perfect fit.

2016-06-25%2012.58.28.jpg

2016-06-25%2013.34.28.jpg

i filled the connectors with a 100w iron and solder....works great.

2016-06-25%2013.55.52.jpg

2016-06-25%2014.02.14.jpg

2016-06-25%2014.15.10.jpg

2016-06-25%2014.47.37.jpg

Does anyone know the purpose of the pin adjacent to the CAN Hi and CAN Lo on the Eltek Flatpack 2 HE?

Thanks

I have just taken receipt of a Flatpack2 HE 3000W power supply as in the photos below and was wondering if anybody can clear up a bit of confusion.

View attachment 1
IMG_20170315_164749.jpg
I was lead to believe that only the newer Flatpack2 supplies with the black fascia were the HE versions and only those could be reprogrammed (voltage, amperage) via the CANBUS connection. This power supply is clearly marked 'HE' on the fascia, even though the fascia is silver. Should this supply be programmable or not?

Thanks

I have tried to set the default voltage on grey twin fan Flatpack 2 2000 with no success. The commands for setting temporary voltage from the black single fan models work OK but it seems the permanent voltage change does not work. :cry:

dgh853 said:
I have tried to set the default voltage on grey twin fan Flatpack 2 2000 with no success. The commands for setting temporary voltage from the black single fan models work OK but it seems the permanent voltage change does not work. :cry:
Thanks for your reply. Is your grey Flatpack2 the HE version as in the photo posted above?

from the 3000w flatpack theres no "newer" version.

it is "HE" just for his 3000w and size.
double fan, 3 times louder also without load.
but absolutley nice 3000w on same size of an FP2 HE (2000w)

about programming i cant help. never had one. rare pieces out there.

Merlin said:
from the 3000w flatpack theres no "newer" version.

it is "HE" just for his 3000w and size.
double fan, 3 times louder also without load.
but absolutley nice 3000w on same size of an FP2 HE (2000w)

about programming i cant help. never had one. rare pieces out there.
I have no prior knowledge of CANBUS programming either, so I'd like to be sure it is possible before purchasing a CANBUS adapter. From your comments it sounds like this power supply should be suitable for permanent programming, so I will likely take the plunge.

There is only one fan though - the one on the right is just a dummy fan built into the fascia.

Thank you for your help.

You might have missed my earlier comment about the twin fan grey fascia units. They cannot be permanently set using the same commands for the black fascia single fan units. I have tried them and they simply don't work.

If you can't be certain you can permanently change the voltage then you'll have to be happy with the default voltage which will be 53-54V from memory.

Be aware also that the 3000W units push 60A so you'll need a good PCB connector with 3 or 4 oz cu and a plug that will handle 60A current.

Back