New Dealers

RevDon

100 W
While checking out Ebay today, I came across this dealer, recently opened for business: http://www.e-bikekit.com/
They're located in Morrisville, PA, USA and sell "Duct Tape" style batteries. AKA Kraft Global
Hi-Powered Cycles shows up, and lots of other interesting things :!:

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I'm not impressed, but I'm an engineer. :lol:
There are no specifications to speak of for their kit.

Interesting intro.. nicely done. 8)

I raise my hand as a possible volunteer, there are many great candidates on this forum as well, but i warn you in advance.. I am very opinionated and tend to speak my mind, good and/or bad.

I have plenty of batteries on hand, what voltage do you recommend ? What size wheel is being orffered? Or bare motors that need to be laced ?

What we desperately need is some Quality Control, direct drive motors are dead simple creatures, controllers are another story, as " Kits " you need to be aware of what bicycles can take and on the other hand what un-initiated people will do with them.

Hmmm, direct drive and freewheels? Didn't know such a creature exists. Since they are fronties, you can't mean a freewheel is attached to the motor, so I am sure confused. Without getting into the am I really Ping debate, I think the prismatic cells are worth thier cost, vs the 18650 cells many of lifepo4 sellers are offering. I'd also love to test a motor for ya, since I fried one of mine last summer and I am broke. I am no engineer, but I can sure abuse a motor good for you. I ride 30 miles a day and prefer a front hub. Telling it like it is is my specialty.

a brushless gearless hub motor is indeed " freewheeling " in a way, but the post above was considering cogging resistance, or magnetic drag if you will.. not all motors feel the same.

On a geared motor, the guts of the motor will " freewheel " mechanically, so the magnets do not spin around the copper coils when you don't apply power, no or very little drag this way.

E-BikeKit.com said:
Thanks again for the post. For a minute there I thought maybe the Mac & Cheese comment might set the tone. Never heard that one before :wink:

OMG "Kraft Global" and you've never heard that before? :eek:

Anyway, given that I'm a broke high school student, freebies/discounts are always appreciated. :D

Ypedal's got more ebikes than a number of the frequent posters here combined, so he's got a lot of experience to go on. Fechter's one of the ones I'd want to send a controller to. Might want to send a hub to one of the people with 1,500ft+ climbs to negotiate for torture testing. A number here have battery testing equipment, too.

Thanx for the clarification Ypeadle. Now that I think about it, my brushed hub does freewheel, but If I am confused so are others. Read enough of this and get more confused, read some more and understand.

Ypedal said:
Hey link.. i practically lived on this stuff in college.. with hot dogs.. chicken.. mr.noodles.. gotta get creative when you eat the same thing 5 days a week..

You tried tuna in it yet? That's how I usually have it. :wink:

I have a good friend who posts here, Zenon, he rides hard to work around a few hundred km a week. He goes up some pretty big hills and he is a technologist. He would be a good guy to test this motor, I nominate him, he will rack up some mileage fast and that is one of the most important things. We can dissect the motor and controller if necessary! :twisted:

ha those ebikekit are just another crap attempt at selling goldenmotor junk. Why wont they just do quality stuff? People can get seriously hurt on this type of thing

Why dont your kits have double walled rims?

Why dont your kits have 12G spokes?

Why do your kits use 18G wiring when 500W motor needs minimum 14G?

Just a little self-promotion;o) Being as how I'm the one who originally "Outed" you, Jason, I would like to be considered for getting a kit. As a total n00b, but with a good mechanical aptitude, I think I would be a good candidate. New Orleans is relatively flat, and we have a rapidly growing bicycle community that would make for a rich market for your products. With multiple colleges, and a large student/artist/musician community, I've been looking into starting a conversion business. I've only seen 2 E-bikes in town, and i know that once people were exposed to them, they would take off like crazy :mrgreen: My wife and I are avid cyclists. We have miles of bike paths that run along the Mississippi River and Lake Pontchartrain that would make great testing grounds for your products, not to mention marketing ops. I have an old rigid MTB, and the wife rides a fully supended Wally-World Y-frame that I could use as testbeds.

OK, that's my pitch. Either way, I'm interested in doing business with you. I believe E-bikes have a great future, and I want to be a part of it.

RevDon

Back