Bafang BBSHD, 1000W, 68mm-120mm BB

160Nm, ordering in Jan. definitelly! Hope Lekkie will fit and every 2000km new chain and casette. ;))

o00scorpion00o said:
Whatd speed do you think this 1000 W motor would be good for ?

55-60 kmh

according Paul on stock in 2 weeks!

DaDo.Bzz said:
according Paul on stock in 2 weeks!

But still waiting to hear first hand accounts of how this motors rides....

Interesting review but it seem quite heavy over 5kg for only a 1kw continuous motor ? My cyclone 48v 1680w continuous weighs less then that and has nearly double the power and nearly 3000w peak !

Also its dam expensive around 1200 usd thats like 3 times the price of my cyclone kit with that money would rather get the Upgraded AFT cyclone 1680w :
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=72792

On Luna site the specs are different.

http://lunacycle.com/motors/bafang-mid-drive-and-parts/bafang-bbshd-1000w-mid-drive-kit/

Its also listed as the BBS03 as opposed to the BBSHD.

I already ordered mine so I will find out what it can really flow soon.

I am surprised this isn't getting more attention, pretty exciting. I am not thrilled with the $800 price @ luna but I imagine that will go down eventually.

LyonNightroad said:
I am surprised this isn't getting more attention, pretty exciting. I am not thrilled with the $800 price @ luna but I imagine that will go down eventually.
It will get more when it's actually available and people start putting it on their bikes.

am surprised this isn't getting more attention, pretty exciting. I am not thrilled with the $800 price @ luna but I imagine that will go down eventually.

I think the reason is its quite expensive for the power it has and heavy .

for half that price you can get the 48v 1680w (3000w peak) cyclone that is twice power and 1kg lighter !

or for around the same price get the 1680w AFT if you want better quality and twice the power if the BBS03.

jk1 said:
am surprised this isn't getting more attention, pretty exciting. I am not thrilled with the $800 price @ luna but I imagine that will go down eventually.

I think the reason is its quite expensive for the power it has and heavy .

for half that price you can get the 48v 1680w (3000w peak) cyclone that is twice power and 1kg lighter !

or for around the same price get the 1680w AFT if you want better quality and twice the power if the BBS03.

Cyclone is not so plug and play and who really knows the quality of the BBS03/BBS-HD?
The spec for the BBS03 says it rates at 150/160 Nm - what are the Cyclone and AFT rated at?

I am hoping that everything that can be done on the BBS02 is possible on this one. Hopefully it is unlocked and we can edit the maximum current on the controller.
40-45amps will be great if the nylon gear doesn't grenade.

I went with a 26f battery pack which will give me a bit of head room if current can be modified.

Putting together the kit wasn't that expensive, it only cost like 1400 dollars.
With a 20ah battery and some accessories.

Back