PING BATTERY OR NOT

By the way Dennis your ping pack is on it's way...LOL
:lol:
I put over 4000 miles on my 36v 20ah and went through 2 bms setups, but loved it! It doesn't owe me anything.LOL

i was able to cut and paste one of the others into another pack but ruined it by letting it overdischarge while disconnected from the BMS during a test. somebody here just sent me pictures of 4 puffers in his ping pack so i guess i know where these will go.

I'm giving up on my Ping Battery and BMC. Actually my second Ping Battery and BMC since the first ones also failed.
The amount of time spent screwing around and or sending it back etc. is more than quite a few new batteries at my wage point.
The guy is amazing at support and very willing to help you out but this is not really a suitable end game.
Moving to the newer panasonic or samsung cells.
Cheers!

Are ping batteries still costing the same as they did 5 years ago ?

There's much better available now that are smaller and lighter.

It's a trade off. Big heavy bulk, longer life or smaller lighter and shorter life. You could still get a couple of years use. My Bosch battery on my Bosch Mid drive is 3 years old and I don't notice any loss of range, though I admit I haven't had the time to use it the last year and I store it around 30-40%.

Pings are not for bicycles if you ask me. They were good when there was no alternative but afaik, he still charges big money when there's considerable more choice available now.

You could also make a decent LiPo pack that small, light and very cheap but you do have to get a good balance charger and learn how to work with LiPo, you can't store it in the house for instance.

I bought three 48v 20 amp batterys from Ping. All three of them lasted about a year until problems started. They would work until they got about 50 percent then the BMS would shut them down. The problem was always bad cells. At first Ping sent me new cells. That would fix the problem until another cell would go bad.These batteries were never used hard. My wife and I used them on electric bikes and we rarely went above 15 mph.
I finally built batteries with 18650 cells and I haven't had any problems in three years.
I bought from Ping mostly because of all of the positive comments that I read about them. But my experiences have been different. It has been true however, that Ping is very friendly and helpful. I just got tired of calling them to fix problems. Personally I would rather that they just make good batteries.

Back