Programming the Bafang Middrive BBS01+BBS02

I've been in the same boat for over a year now. I am just about to buy a cheap netbook to run Windows. Our MAC is in the second floor office and I don't really want to either dismount the display nor drag a dirty bike upstairs.

I've been considering the switcheroonie. Just to program on my Mac and take to the bike. Couldn't get a sensible group price and interest. $115 list. But having 5 drives would make it worthwhile. Maybe... currently using. 10 " program cable keeping the Mac away from the tools and stand in a safe location. A fellow in Germany made an accessory cable to adapt the Grin USB TTL.

waynebergman said:
Has anyone heard of any Mac based solutions for Programming our Bafang controllers? I was given a PC that I was only going to use for reprogramming my controller but that PC laptop just quit working. I really dont want to buy a PC just for this purpose if I can somehow use my Mac for the job. Also, I am not interested in running the virtual PC options on my Mac.

It so easy....

Hi guys,
Before I try anything, I browsed through the post and still haven't found any info on if the old bbs01 (350w-8Fun logo) can be programmed to run on 48V nominal battery ?

BeachRider2016 said:
Hi guys,
Before I try anything, I browsed through the post and still haven't found any info on if the old bbs01 (350w-8Fun logo) can be programmed to run on 48V nominal battery ?
No

Lurkin said:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=80835&hilit=bbs01+48v
:mrgreen: TY

Can anyone tell me please if I can use windows 7 with the Penoff software for reprograming. My hand me down pc is broken and I see I can buy an old windows 7 pc for 100 bucks close by my house so it may be worth having in the shop for tinkering with controller settings. This particular PC can only run Windows 7 the owner tells me. No options for running newer windows on the pc I am looking at.

Lurkin said:
Hardly definitive. I'd seen several fried. Wonder how it's continuing to run...

tomjasz said:
I've been considering the switcheroonie. Just to program on my Mac and take to the bike. Couldn't get a sensible group price and interest. $115 list. But having 5 drives would make it worthwhile. Maybe... currently using. 10 " program cable keeping the Mac away from the tools and stand in a safe location. A fellow in Germany made an accessory cable to adapt the Grin USB TTL.

Anyone played with the switcheroonie?

tomjasz said:
Lurkin said:
Hardly definitive. I'd seen several fried. Wonder how it's continuing to run...

Any motor can be fried, but having the extra torque from higher voltage is great. DD motors can be pushed 3x the rated current til saturation for a short period.
Anyway, got my 48v controller. But swapped the 350w to a fat bike for wifey to ride on the beach. Meanwhile my bbshd is nothing but amazing.

Help Help
I have just messed up my new ebike...I need help.

It's a bbs01 with c961 display.

I got a cable online and used the Penoff software from Mac.
I can read and write settings with no issues. But I was so eager to get started that I didn't save the original settings.
I have no throttle only pas. I have tried with all the usual LF files but always kept the limit current on 10 amp.
And here is the problem, no matter which settings I save , there is absolutely no assists. The display looks fine, but the motor does not engage.
What am I doing wrong? Help please

If some folks are still having problems with the bafang configuration tool window size, this might help. I had the same issue, and was able to solve it by going into Control Panel->Ease of Access->Optimize Visual Display->Change size of text and icons-> and here I originally had medium (125%)... changed it to smaller (100%). Have to log off for changes to implement. I am running windows 7.

Attachments

• BAFANGWINDOWS1.JPG
    BAFANGWINDOWS1.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 6,397
  • BAFANGWINDOWS2.JPG
    BAFANGWINDOWS2.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 6,397
elenhinan said:
As I have no programming cable I have not tested this. Since the software comes straight from Bafang I wouldn't expect it to put your bike on fire, but then again don't blame me if it does. If anyone want to test it out it would be interesting if you could share your experience.

Any News about Max Drive diagnostic software "Besst"? http://www.szbaf.com/de/service/besst.html

I have test this BESST v1.1.59. This version have a offline mode and need no login. With the "normal" progamming cable i can connect and become "connected", but the software can not read data. Besst need the device "Besst Box" between HMI and controller. I have search but no vendor has the box on offer.

I am trying to reconfigure my bbso2 controller so I bought a PC off eBay with windows 7(everything I have is mac so its all I know).I downloaded the software from penoff`s site but I can`t seem to get the program to open or run.I don`t know much about windows like zip files,extracting,or what programs I need to open/run the file.I downloaded win zip and open with.org but don`t seem to be getting anywhere.anything I try and the same box opens up asking if I want to run or save the file,I hit run and then a box opens asking if I want to save the file.either hitting save or cancel seems to do nothing.can anybody help me with what I need to do to run this program

:shock:

Mac have no zip files? :?:

You mus extract the folder inside the .zip. Open the extracted folder an run "BafangConfigTool.exe" in path \BafangConfigTool\Executable with doubleklick on it.

Hangdog said:
I am trying to reconfigure my bbso2 controller so I bought a PC off eBay with windows 7(everything I have is mac so its all I know).I downloaded the software from penoff`s site but I can`t seem to get the program to open or run.I don`t know much about windows like zip files,extracting,or what programs I need to open/run the file.I downloaded win zip and open with.org but don`t seem to be getting anywhere.anything I try and the same box opens up asking if I want to run or save the file,I hit run and then a box opens asking if I want to save the file.either hitting save or cancel seems to do nothing.can anybody help me with what I need to do to run this program
I use VM and XP on my MAC. But the same issues are there. You might be best served on a windoze forum. I muddled through only because I had some memories from using windoze 12 years ago. Good luck! The reason I went to Grin products...MAC support!!

tomjasz said:
Hangdog said:
I use VM and XP on my MAC. But the same issues are there. You might be best served on a windoze forum. I muddled through only because I had some memories from using windoze 12 years ago. Good luck! The reason I went to Grin products...MAC support!!
thanks for your response, and I agree about using grin setups,I have another bike with their setup on it and had very little trouble updating the firmware on it, but I got this laptop just for this one job as my mac is a desktop and using it for this would be kinda difficult and I don`t really want to hookup a 48 volt system to it.been trying to muddle through it since yesterday but just not getting anywhere, the same box opens up no matter what I try

What are you trying to change or do?

tomjasz said:
What are you trying to change or do?
I`m putting this motor on a light weight trike with an IGH so I needed to cut the amps back and lower the start % in the PAS and throttle.I muddled around some more and found a way to open it in control panel/security/program troubleshooting
(pureluck,trust me).I got the program reconfigured and it seems to work well other than the throttle cuts out at 11mph, guess I`ll have to play with it some more.still having some issues with the DPC-10 display though..can`t seem to change the wheel
size and speed limit in the main menu.the you tube video from lunacycle shows a prompt for a password but it doesn't`t appear in my display so I can`t seem to be able to change those parameters.probably call luna tomorrow.

That's a miserable display. I'm sorry you have it. I rather have the simpler C965 as the added features are not wroth much. The DPC 10 never has had a decent manual. Another nightmare perpetrated on the public by Bafang. I'd grab a C965 if you can afford the added cost. Much simpler.

You might try the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YEDKbNS1oQ

Their forum has some very nice fellows that will help you get the program going.

tomjasz said:
That's a miserable display. I'm sorry you have it. I rather have the simpler C965 as the added features are not wroth much. The DPC 10 never has had a decent manual. Another nightmare perpetrated on the public by Bafang. I'd grab a C965 if you can afford the added cost. Much simpler.

You might try the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YEDKbNS1oQ

Their forum has some very nice fellows that will help you get the program going.
Thanks...apparently it's not an isolated problem with that display.lunacycle is upgrading the display for me no charge.
Kudos to them for hassle free great customer service.

elenhinan said:
Then I found out that Bafang has their software that's used by the assembler/manufacturer/dealer freely available on their webpage under the download section. Using it after you install it however requires an account that one can get by requesting one from them, but I suspect this is only for registered dealers (duh).

As I have no programming cable I have not tested this. Since the software comes straight from Bafang I wouldn't expect it to put your bike on fire, but then again don't blame me if it does. If anyone want to test it out it would be interesting if you could share your experience.

Any news to run BESST? Problem, with programming cable Besst can not connect to the Bike. We need the device "Best-Box" to connect, but i cant find a supplysource/shop to by this Box.

tomjasz said:
tomjasz said:

Anyone played with the switcheroonie?

The switcheroonie is simply the easiest way to move between programming schemes ever. For those that like gadgets and have multiple motors and programs the device is amazing.

Back