best place to buy 6S lipo batteries?

cgokey

1 W
Last year, I put together a e-bike with these lipo batteries, worked great..
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... _Pack.html
I paid $25 for each battery. Now they are double the cost, looking to put together another ebike, so like to stay in the same ballpark $, around $100 of
4 batteries (I harnessed them together to make two sets of 5mah batteries)
Looks like hobbyking is either out of stock of or prices went up. Any suggestions of other reputable places that sell these online?
Thanks,
Chris

I know this isn't the answer you want, but Hobbyking will randomly drop the price of various packs. Keep checking as often (daily?) As you can and you'll run across good deals again. I've tried to source high capacity cells to build packs and haven't found a place that can come close to a hobbyking sale.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Yes, be patient and buy from hobbyking. As described above, they have random sales and will greatly (greatly) discount battery packs.

-Jim

Unfortunately the cost of Hobbyking compared to everywhere else makes it hard to say "Buy it from here of hobbyking is out of stock".

The multistars are great value, and the 16Ah versions are very often on special, but be aware that their C ratings are extremely optimistic.

I have a set for my push bike just over 2 years old. Run at 1C (and refrigerated when not in use), their internal resistance is only 2mOhm higher than brand new.

But my second set, which is regularly driven to 3C, and is left in the bike, is already suffering noticeable sag after one summer. Next time I take it out for routine inspection, I should re-measure the IR and let you know how they go.

Alternatively, there are some single cell vendors on Alibaba WHOLESALER, who have some good deals. Shipping can kill you for small quantities though. If you need quite a few and you're up for making your own packs, that's another option.

Thanks everyone, I'll keep checking Hobbyking. I am amazed at how well those multistar batteries work, so might wait out for 2 larger ones. (10ah instead of the 5ah that I have).

Chris

What is the difference between this:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/multistar-lihv-high-capacity-6s-5200mah-multi-rotor-lipo-pack.html
and this:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/multistar-high-capacity-6s-5200mah-multi-rotor-lipo-pack.html

Just the dimensions? I see no difference in the specs other than the LIHV in the former? As mentioned in earlier
post, plan on using it for an electric bike.

Thanks,
Chris

The LiHV can be safely charged to 4.35 volts and it's on sale. You will get better cycle life if you don't charge that high.

Yeah just looked a little closer, from Australia warehouse.. So no go.. Will keep looking.
Chris

To my knowledge all their lipos ship from overseas. It's not that big of a deal you pay like $50 shipping and they come airmail in a few days.

Select your country of choice on the web site , and it will show which products are in stock in your country.
Its usually pot luck for various packs to be in stock locally, you have to keep checking...or just pay the overseas shipping cost .

Back