Strong GT-S

recumpence

1 GW
On Earth right now. That can change at any time, t
Hey Guys,

A friend of mine in Quebec bought a Strong GT-S 210 (never heard of it before). Do any of you guys have info on this bike? One primary question I have is replacement (upgraded) battery for it. He hates the heavy SLAs it has. Anyone have advice on a somewhat drop in lithium pack for it? I am too far away to give him a hand with it, but he is mechanically inclined and not scared of a little work to improve this thing.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Matt

es users: Brentis and mushymelon used them in builds before. I have one in my loft which I plan to convert when I get a round tuit. I think welding up extra gussets would be smart if going for high power.

It is pretty old. One of the first ebikes to be sold here. Very heavy frame, with tubing enclosing the battery box. Some had "Mag" wheels. A modern battery fitting the mounts would need to be custom made, but there is plenty of room and it is easy to adapt almost any commercial battery. I have seen a few, long time ago. I never considered building with this frame because of weight and lack of suspension.

I have one of these bikes, it was sold by Canadian Tire, 350W geared motor, and lead acid batteries, I think 36V, because there were 3 of them. I burnt out the brushes on the motor in no time, planned on replacing the brushes but the motor stunk too bad so I just threw it out.

You can use any 36V chemistry you wish, I used LiPo when I got mine. I paid $200 for mine, it had dead batteries.

I will see what pictures I have on my desktop to slap up here for you.
Its an all steel frame, has 165mm rear drop out spacing.

Attachments

• Strong.jpg
    Strong.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 3,310
just bought one of these also for 50 bucks and i really like it
something about full suspension all steal extended wheelbase
very good battery setup...ect
looking forward to a winter build with this and a monkey faction
wasp

Great deal on the frame, $50 cant go wrong.
If you got a welder, beef up the top shock mount.
Mine broke off, I posted a picture of it in another thread.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=46993&p=1313448&hilit=top+mount#p1313448

I am now riding my Townie 21D, way different riding position between the two. Townie is more stretch out, GTS is more upright. I'm keep my GTS but am waiting for a good deal on a 225+A stick welder in the classifieds. I may rent one too from Hertz Equipment Rental, but I find I can always find a need for a 225A welder if its $100 or $150 used.

any idea on the pivot point bushing replacement on these frames?
mines got play and would like to replace or improve it any idea's
thx wasp

Voltron said:
I read about a couple that cracked in the middle where the upper end of the shock attaches... but they seemed ridden pretty hard.
i plan to ride this as hard as the others...
i will add a second tube there and reweld shock support
i like this frame and with no tire on the rear swingarm already sits at 175-180
would like to go 2x mac motors and a good range of battery
wasp

Back