My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

By the way, I just found out the PDF file was not supposed to be posted in public, so if you have it, please do not share it.

Ok. No problem. I will try to tranlate it, take time. If you get the software, let me know.

Yeah, no problem. It's actually nice to see someone in Frey follows ours posts and can learn what customers want and need :)

Naya. How long time was shipping from China to Finland? Custom tax in Finland then you got bike?

Got the pictures of my bike. Will be ready for shipping on Monday. Any comments/observations?

Attachments

• HTB1CafehsjI8KJjSsppq6xbyVXaP.jpg
    HTB1CafehsjI8KJjSsppq6xbyVXaP.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 5,045
  • HTB1GheZhtfJ8KJjy0Feq6xKEXXa9.jpg
    HTB1GheZhtfJ8KJjy0Feq6xKEXXa9.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 5,045
  • HTB1L3K8hBHH8KJjy0Fbq6AqlpXaU.jpg
    HTB1L3K8hBHH8KJjy0Fbq6AqlpXaU.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 5,045
  • HTB1rHu7hsrI8KJjy0Fhq6zfnpXaS.jpg
    HTB1rHu7hsrI8KJjy0Fhq6zfnpXaS.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 5,045
  • HTB1Xo_ehxHI8KJjy1zbq6yxdpXaZ.jpg
    HTB1Xo_ehxHI8KJjy1zbq6yxdpXaZ.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 5,044
  • HTB1VRnehBTH8KJjy0Fiq6ARsXXaz.jpg
    HTB1VRnehBTH8KJjy0Fiq6ARsXXaz.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 5,045
  • HTB1wGzthwfH8KJjy1zcq6ATzpXat.jpg
    HTB1wGzthwfH8KJjy1zcq6ATzpXat.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 5,045
  • HTB1ro6ehxHI8KJjy1zbq6yxdpXaq.jpg
    HTB1ro6ehxHI8KJjy1zbq6yxdpXaq.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 5,045
  • HTB10HeQhwvD8KJjSsplq6yIEFXaA (1).jpg
    HTB10HeQhwvD8KJjSsplq6yIEFXaA (1).jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 5,044
  • HTB10HeQhwvD8KJjSsplq6yIEFXaA.jpg
    HTB10HeQhwvD8KJjSsplq6yIEFXaA.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 5,044
  • HTB10iTphv6H8KJjy0Fjq6yXepXam.jpg
    HTB10iTphv6H8KJjy0Fjq6yXepXam.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 5,044
  • HTB15GzIhDnI8KJjy0Ffq6AdoVXae.jpg
    HTB15GzIhDnI8KJjy0Ffq6AdoVXae.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 5,045
oleaiz said:
Naya. How long time was shipping from China to Finland? Custom tax in Finland then you got bike?

Took about 6 weeks to deliver to Finland, taxes of course at the highest level so final price was far for cheap :( I guess after a while I forget the cost and ride it like I stole it more :)

Those headlights look cool. What are those?
Congrats on the Bike. Look forward to hearing from you about your experience.

How much did you have to pay extra if you don't mind my asking?

nataS@phnet.fi said:
Took about 6 weeks to deliver to Finland, taxes of course at the highest level so final price was far for cheap :( I guess after a while I forget the cost and ride it like I stole it more :)

Six week to Finland? Which shipping option did you use? How much was shipping? I paid 830 USD for airway shipping by TNT, hope it will be fast.

oleaiz said:
Six week to Finland? Which shipping option did you use? How much was shipping? I paid 830 USD for airway shipping by TNT, hope it will be fast.

Battery came first, bike came week later. Taxes were something like 30% of the total cost including shipping. Finland is a great place, it feels like you pay taxes just that you can pay more taxes. Main reason we have oldest cars in whole Europe, horrendous taxes on everything. TNT with me also. I think shipping was quite fast, it was building of the bike that took the time. Just my thoughts.

nataS@phnet.fi said:
oleaiz said:

Battery came first, bike came week later. Taxes were something like 30% of the total cost including shipping. Finland is a great place, it feels like you pay taxes just that you can pay more taxes. Main reason we have oldest cars in whole Europe, horrendous taxes on everything. TNT with me also. I think shipping was quite fast, it was building of the bike that took the time. Just my thoughts.

Nice Bike, my friend and myself bought one bike each from another Vendor in China. That is a Hard taili, if dual suspension add another US$200. As for shipment to him in US it cost US%650 but declared a value of less than US$250, so no tax. As for me in Asia no Tax if declared under value of US$250, but shipment cost US$380. Both Battery and bike arrive within a week from both location.
1. A important question, in Finland (Europe) is there a legal speed limit of 25km/hr with 250 watts engine? The other question, does your 2. Newest Ultra Drive came with "Steel Drive Gear" instead of Nylon plastic, did yours came with that steel materiel?

Wow, I'm glad I wasn't charged any tax in the US. But you're right though. You'll forget about the initial pain of the cost and enjoy it for years to come. Yeah, shipping was lightning fast. I got it in one day!

nataS@phnet.fi said:
oleaiz said:

Thanks =) [strike]It most likely comes with the stock plastic gear.[/strike][EDIT: I just found out it mine came with the steel gear!] Even the stand-alone Ultra's from Luna Cycle come with a plastic gear. I just asked Luna. If their ludicrous model came with a metal gear, that would be an incentive to buy it. However, I don't think you'll have any issues unless you're running over 30A.

hoojsn said:
Nice Bike, my friend and myself bought one bike each from another Vendor in China. That is a Hard taili, if dual suspension add another US$200. As for shipment to him in US it cost US%650 but declared a value of less than US$250, so no tax. As for me in Asia no Tax if declared under value of US$250, but shipment cost US$380. Both Battery and bike arrive within a week from both location.
1. A important question, in Finland (Europe) is there a legal speed limit of 25km/hr with 250 watts engine? The other question, does your 2. Newest Ultra Drive came with "Steel Drive Gear" instead of Nylon plastic, did yours came with that steel materiel?

I just received the programming software but it's for Frey bike owners only, so I can't share it. I'll let you know what I find when I get a chance to test it out. I only have a Luna BBSHD programming cable, so hopefully it's compatible. Otherwise I may have to make one myself. Here's where they interface with the Ultra. I'm hoping that's coming from the main connector up front, on top.

Attachments

• HTB1pfkRhfDH8KJjy1Xcq6ApdXXaB.jpg
    HTB1pfkRhfDH8KJjy1Xcq6ApdXXaB.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 4,850
Yes, I agree. They are very open to suggestions for improvement, which is very nice. I've been compiling a list of suggestions.

nataS@phnet.fi said:
Yeah, no problem. It's actually nice to see someone in Frey follows ours posts and can learn what customers want and need :)

robocam said:
I just received the programming software but it's for Frey bike owners only, so I can't share it. I'll let you know what I find when I get a chance to test it out. I only have a Luna BBSHD programming cable, so hopefully it's compatible. Otherwise I may have to make one myself. Here's where they interface with the Ultra. I'm hoping that's coming from the main connector up front, on top.

I read from somewhere that BBSHD cable is compatible with the Ultra. I don't mind the software update as I am afraid that it screw up with the current setting of mine. My Ultra came with no speed limit of 99km/hr and Throttle could be use at PAS0 or dead stop. Just interested to know whether your Ultra came with a "Steel Drive Gear" instead of the plastic nylon. I don't like the walk mode, it was too fast.

robocam said:
Thanks =) It most likely comes with the stock plastic gear. Even the Ultra's from Luna Cycle come with a plastic gear. I just asked Luna. If their ludicrous model came with a metal gear, that would be an incentive to buy it. However, I don't think you'll have any issues unless you're running over 30A.

hoojsn said:

Not true, Luna will come with a "Steel Drive Gear" so is FLX Blade. You can read the below review. For Flx you need to check up on their website.

https://electricbike-blog.com/2017/11/10/the-lunacycle-apex-the-best-torque-sensing-ebike-a-lot-of-money-can-buy/

Previously Karl had written a article in programming the Ultra, but it was being taken down.

As for my case, they will sent me a Steel gear once available.

Actually, it was because of that article that I contacted Luna support, and they told me their stand-alone Ultra mid drive in the link below does not come with the steel gear.

https://lunacycle.com/bafang-ultra-motor-ebike-mid-drive/

hoojsn said:
Not true, Luna will come with a "Steel Drive Gear"...

robocam said:
Actually, it was because of that article that I contacted Luna support, and they told me their Ultra mid drive here does not come with a steel gear.

https://lunacycle.com/bafang-ultra-motor-ebike-mid-drive/

hoojsn said:
Not true, Luna will come with a "Steel Drive Gear"...

If you read from FLx website on Blade, they give you the info. However, I am not sure whether they pull down the detail. However, I will update you if I receive it.

I was able to program my Ultra! I am so happy with the way the torque sensor behaves now. I'm making a video that should be ready soon.

Was it ok programming Ultra with BBSHD cable? Can you share you settings or your settings file? Any other modifications you think are useful for this bike?

Yes, I used this cable.

https://lunacycle.com/parts/bafang-parts/bbshd-parts/bafang-bbs02-and-bbshd-programming-cable/

I've only begun to play with the settings, but yeah, I can share settings that I'm happy with and tell you what they do.

oleaiz said:
Was it ok programming Ultra with BBSHD cable? Can you share you settings or your settings file? Any other modifications you think are useful for this bike?

Well, I don't have a settings file. I plan to share settings for specific parameters. That way you can adjust it to your liking. I'll post screenshots and try to explain what certain adjustments do. It's very easy, so for those that haven't done it before, have no fear.

oleaiz said:
Thank you. You can mail to my mail
oleole1270@gmail.com

Back